MetLife

Employer Responsiveness
2.6
2.6
2.4

Comments

MetLife has definitely done its best to keep up with the modern trends of being an all around employer. However the breakdown in communication is very present and it is a struggle at times to keep up with the constant change that comes with communication breakdown.

The company is unorganized and unsympathetic to family emergencies or illness. Training was ineffective, leaving us to figure out our jobs after we were on the phones. Policies and procedures are inconsistent and other departments are unresponsive.

I was the only woman in my group of co-workers. I was often overlooked for things like going to conferences and had very few training trips while other had more opportunities. When I would state an opinion with a customer the customer would often look to my male counter parts for confirmation of what I was suggesting when it came to IT equipment and how to set it up, which was my job. I also feel that I was laid off due to my illness. It caused me to miss a total of almost nine months within a three year period. Of course, there was no way to prove this with the exception of my having surgery 5 days after my final work day. Had I not been laid off, at perfect timing to the company, they would have been forced into paying for long term disability as doctors have not allowed me to return to work since. It took three years of almost poverty before my Social Security Disability kicked in.

Very flexible, but salary is low and too much emphasis on production.

Company benefits are great but most managers are terrible and don't have a clue. Everyone is trying to save a buck and themselves, leaving little left to fund new programs or innovation. Too much change during time of transformation and lack of job security. Lots of jobs in NY Metro moving to lower cost cities leaving little room for mobility.

Work in HR or Recruiting for MetLife?