McDonald's Corporation

1.9
1.8
1.7
1.5

Comments

Its best to start here in highscool
Then become a manager
Then manage for 1 year and get the $20,000 free college money.
Get an upper level office job with them while in college, EARN DEGREE and
then QUIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're there for any other reason, get your life straight.

Worst to work for they have a very strong sense of favoritism

At this store, of my time if employment, there was a bias against the men who worked there. Yes, i as a woman noticed, and it upset me. No-one took me seriously, and it was upsetting.
Respect went first and foremost to
Spanish speaking/immigrant women
White women
Spanish speaking/immigrant men
White men
White teen girls
White teen boys.
It caused a lot of in work tension.

While I was working at McDonald's, all managers were female. Most of them were much older (in their fourties and fifties) and had been working there since they were in high school. So, there were plenty of women in authoritative positions. However, they insisted that women worked both in grill and on counter, while the men only worked in grill. As a female, I hated working counter, but when I addressed this with a manager, nothing came of it. The managers were very rude and were always fumbling about getting people to fill shifts, but I bet that wouldn't happen if they let people work where they were most comfortable. I hated my time there solely because of the managers.

Men were favored to be more physically capable and therefore were assumed to fulfill specific tasks. It was sexist and unfair. Male management also acted like a high school clique.

Work in HR or Recruiting for McDonald's Corporation?