Mattress Firm

2.6 Company Responsiveness
2.6 Flexible Work Hours
2.5 Family Growth Support
2.4 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

There seems to be a well-diversified group of people in my region, and from what I can tell, across the country. There is a female-led leadership program that takes initiative to hold the company accountable for inclusiveness and fairness in the training and promotion processes. However, it has the rotten smell of chauvinism and sexism permeating every level of the corporate ladder, and this politically affected my job and personal life to an alarming degree, no matter the professional standard I tried to maintain in all interactions. The lengths to which some women went to achieve their higher statuses was at times appalling. Those who tried to tread a path of integrity were inevitably bullied by corporate leaders, who, again in my perspective, were all men. They seemed to carry a weight visible only to the other women who either took the same path, or, like myself, chose to leave with my dignity still intact. The company itself is successful, and by all accounts, follows the rules as transparently as needed; that being said, they know what they can get away with that remains unseen, keeping the lucrative aspects of the business safe. This sacrifices their sense of humor and humanity, which I suppose is the most common feature of a giant corporate culture.

I only got 30 days unpaid leave after giving birth because I hadn't worked there for a year. If I had I would gave gotten 90 days unpaid which I probably couldn't have handled anyways as a single mom. I also was in a store alone most of the time and had to pump at my desk watching for customers so I could unhook my pump quickly and hide my breast. My child refused all bottles and barely ate enough until I got home so I resigned after a few months after returning to work.

Good job, family balance sticks. There is Huge lack of communication. No benefits other than health care which they don't cover much of.

Most of the staff are men and the majority store managers. 4 women total 28 employees and 2 are store managers.

Sleepy' was a better company. I worked there and then got integrated into Mattress Firm. Mattress Firm just simply was not the correct fit for me. I believe that Sleepy's cared for their employees a bit more than Mattress Firm does. This may be from personal experience. I do know. I do know many people who do enjoy working there.

Improving Lives One Relationship at a Time

In 1986, three incredible individuals came together over borrowed pool furniture with an idea – a vision to create an unsurpassed guest experience that would revolutionize the bedding industry. That same year, their vision became a reality with the opening of the first store in Houston, Texas on July 4th and remains true to this day.

Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Mattress Firm Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: MFRM), has since transformed to 3500+ store locations and is comprised of three of the most unique and successful specialty bedding retail brands in the world – Mattress Firm, Sleepy’s and Sleep Train. Together, we seek to improve lives one relationship at a time – with Integrity, Service and Passion guiding the way.

Opportunities at Mattress Firm
At Mattress Firm, we believe strongly in promoting from within and offer a wide variety of opportunities, including:

– Retail Store Management
– Human Resources
– Finance and Analytics
– Marketing

…and many more!

At Mattress Firm, we reward success and foster a culture of fun and friendship. There has never been a better time to see what a mattress can mean to you!

Interested in career opportunities with Mattress Firm? Visit us at mattressfirm.com/careers or email us at careers@mfrm.com today!

Women at Mattress Firm