Get Matched

2.2 Salary Satisfaction
2.1 Family Growth Support
2.0 Wellness Initiatives
1.9 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

Work you to the bone without appreciation and keep you at minimum wage

Macy's is an excellent place for women, with lots of room for advancement and career development, as well as support for families (so far as I can tell--I'm unmarried and don't have children). The majority of the people that I work with in the buying and marketing teams are women, and not only that, but I work with many women of color (my boss is a foreign-born woman of color who has been with the company for over 20 years). Once you get into the really high levels of management, executive vice presidents, board members, etc, there tends to be more men than women. There are, however, a huge number of women in leadership positions with advanced careers wothin the company. Even though I mostly work with other women, I have never, once, felt disrespected or condescended to by any men that I work with. Keep in mind that I am in a very entry-level position, and while I do have problems with their paid time off policies for employees at my level (I only get 8 days a year, and that includes sick leave), overall it is a great place for women to work.

No Thanks

Did not enjoy my time at Macy's corporate. Work environment was unpleasant, little to no raises, was not treated well.

If you are female and ask for a raise they will tell you there is nothing they can do. a male count part can ask for a raise even though he is not in a management position and they will see what they can do. It's unfair and unethical.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Macy's?