Get Matched

2.1 Family Growth Support
2.1 Salary Satisfaction
1.9 Wellness Initiatives
1.9 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

I worked at Macy's in Fashion Show Mall and all of management were homophobic. I am a straight young woman but how I saw others being treated for being gay or transgender was disgusting. Management would not let transgenders use the women's fitting room when they were allowed to do so. Management were very mean to new hires as well and their attitudes just wore people down. I left after a month because why work for a bunch of rude uptight women in that department which was the whole second floor for women's. I won't shop at a Macy's ever again due to that experience either.

There is no work life balance for women at Macy's. They penalize women for trying to have a career and family. If you are looking for a company that will allow you to balance, look elsewhere. Shop there, but definitely do NOT work there.

At the Executive Level, Macy's remains a good old boy workplace. Most promotions to still go to Men, and the wage disparity between male execs and their female counterparts is quite vast.

They only focus on how good we look rather than our merits.

Although women made up most of the employees (especially among sales associates), those men who did work as sales associates had an unspoken expectation to not have to work as hard. It's also weird that, with all the women in positions which would evolve into managerial positions, there were so many male managers.
Male sales associates also tended to treat me and other women like crap, being especially condescending.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Macy's?