Get Matched

2.3 Flexible Work Hours
2.2 Family Growth Support
2.1 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.6 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

My male store manager repeatedly told me that I work in a mans world and that I needed to adapt to that. I couldn't give impressions that I was feminine. I was literally told to stop bringing my Starbucks in to work because it created a bad impression. There were male managers who brought Starbucks to work and were not told the same thing. Each time I got promoted, multiple employees asked me who I slept with to get the job. At one point I was being sexually harassed by an employee. I reported it and they told me to go talk to him about it, even though I had already told him to stop multiple times. Then he started touching me. He slapped my butt and I reported it again to HR and they told me I shouldn't be too hard on him because they think he might have a mental disorder. He found out I made a complaint and started stalking me on campus. They never did anything about it.

All of the women I have seen advance at this company are forced to move stores. There seems to be little internal growth, as most management positions go to men.

Very old school male. Look at executive row, 1 woman.

I work with amazing people but my store manager does not give women the same recognition as men, we have only 3 women in positions of authority and none are assistant store manager level or above.

My leadership team was very supportive, although I was only one of two female developers out of about 20 so group outings etc leaned very brogrammer. Co-workers were great. There were not a lot of women in technical leadership but VPs were making efforts to equalize.

HR SUCKED. Most of corporate leaned good old boy but HR went for flat out sexism. Dress code was about bra straps, skirt length, and sandals. No childcare or breastfeeding resources. No flex time. Very little in remote or telecommute culture. Difficult to navigate benefits. Poor maternity leave, no paternal leave. General obliviousness and tone-deaf patronizing towards women as company culture. Was getting better when I left, but not gonna lie - HR was the reason I left.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Lowe's Companies, Inc?