Lowe's Companies, Inc.

2.3
2.1
2.0
1.5

Comments

Don't know if they still have developers in this location.

Working for Lowe's is saying everything at least three times in order to be heard. Having management that consists only of disillusioned men. And constantly doubting every decision you've ever made.

Management female to male ratio is 1/6 at my store, I have never seen a female store manager in my entire time with the company, many of the higher paid positions such as the specialists are male. The higher you go the less women there are

Most sexiest company I’ve ever worked for. I was initially hired in February as a seasonal worker in Building Materials before getting on full time. They hired three more seasonal workers in my department (all male) a month later. One came from firehouse subs, one just got out of a halfway house, and the last guy was just entering the workforce as this was his first job. I assumed since I had worked at The Home Depot as a supervisor over the cashiers and grew up on a farm operating heavy machinery such as fork lifts and tractors, I would be considered to have a stronger resume/more experience and would make more than let’s say the guy starting his first job. I was the only one that was consistently working hard and assisting customers by loading their trucks and cutting lumber to their desired length while the other guys talked and sat on their lazy bums in the back. I received several customer compliments. After a few months, I found out that all my newly hired co workers made over a $1.75 more than me an hour. When I brought this up to HR and asked why considering their less qualified than myself, they replied with: “Look I have no say in this. It’s all done by an algorithm but in no way is Lowe’s sexiest.” So I continued to work hard and thought if I can show them I’m better, I’ll get a raise when I get hired full time. The end of the season comes and they hire me full time as expected except I only get a $.20 raise. My fellow lazy co workers received over a $1.00 raise. So now they’re making over $2 more than me. I applied for a supervisor position that my manager told me I was a good fit for. My application was immediately responded with we’re going in another direction. While the co worker that came from firehouse making sandwiches was given an interview. Needless to say I left and joined a company that sees me for my hard work and commitment to the company not my gender.

I love my company and coworkers! Lots of room for advancement and a sense of community is much appreciated here. There seem like to be a few problems with corporate policies and communication sometimes but everyone works safely and productively.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Lowe's Companies, Inc.?