Lever

4.8
3.4
Company Responsiveness
2.0

Comments

Working at Lever has been a great experience. Our company gender parity is 50:50, we have racial and gender diversity across the full team, our board, our executive team, and management. Our CEO is a woman. We also have several other folks here that are underrepresented in some capacity. I have never felt like I have not been afforded opportunities here because I am an underrepresented minority.

Currently, Lever's executive team is 43% female, the management team is 47% , and the overall gender ratio to 50:50. That is a huge part of what drove me to join at Lever. Being mid-level in my career, I had never worked at a company with women in leadership. I had experienced environments that touted (relatively) impressive male-to-female ratios, but didn't take into account job level. The glass ceiling has been shattered at Lever and it's so inspiring to see.

This is the first time in my career when I've worked for a company with a female CEO and equal or better female representation in management, and I love it. I find that Lever is incredibly thoughtful about creating opportunities and a great workplace for all people, regardless of gender, race, or any other dimension. That's exactly the way it should be.

Lever is hands down the best company I've worked for. Full stop. _And_ it's been the best company I've worked for in how supportive it is of women in the workplace.

I'm really impressed with our leadership team, which is almost at parity between women and men leaders. I've never seen women have such a strong presence at a company I've worked at before, and Lever continues to show that it can attract great leaders. I hope we continue to!

While I don't have kiddos, I've also seen Lever be very flexible with working arrangements, from hours in the office to maternity/paternity leave. Lever seems to a really parent-friendly company.

While the above things are great, I think what matters most is how women are perceived and treated. And I feel like an equal, like a partner. My ideas are valued and I genuinely feel like my peers understand _why_ gender diversity (as well as all kinds of other diversity) is so important. I'm sure my peers that read this review will feel like I'm preaching to the choir, but that's what's so great--everyone gets it.

Lever is an incredibly diversity-focused and diversity-first workplace. Lever is constantly reflecting on our own goals and performance in this area, and recently promoted one of our top employees to serve in a full-time role promoting diversity and inclusion -- an incredibly rare investment for a company of our size. As a woman, I have never felt that I have been taken less seriously than male colleagues, which I certainly cannot say for other work experience or experience in the world at large.

The only tension I have felt at Lever is the flexibility of work -- this is specifically on the sales side. My sub-team recently became subject to a policy where remote work is not allowed without at least 2 weeks notice, which I feel will make it difficult for individuals with family responsibilities to be successful. That policy seems to be only on my immediate team, and the rest of the organization seems flexible on remote work and family accommodations.

Building recruiting software your entire team and candidates will love

Lever was founded in 2012 to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to grow their teams. We're injecting the values we respect – collaboration, transparency, and humanity – into our software and re-imagining how organizations can think about growth, with talent and teamwork at the center.

Our passion for diversity & inclusion has been ingrained into our culture at Lever from the very beginning. We started our first D&I taskforce when we were just 10 employees, and have worked tirelessly since to ensure that our environment is a safe space, inclusive of all people, where Leveroos feel they can truly bring their best selves to work. We're proud to be one of the most diverse teams in Silicon Valley today.

Women at Lever

This information is provided by Lever

Board

Executive

This information is provided by Lever

• Unlimited paid time off
  • Unlimited sick leave
  • Occasional remote work available

• Sponsored job related training and certification.

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• Gym membership subsidy
  • Subsidized healthy food
  • Flexible paid time off policy.

• Frequent social activities