Kroger

2.2
2.1
1.8
1.7

Comments

Barb Raad is the rudest manager I’ve ever had. Such a horrible human. Deserves absolutely no happiness in life.

As a pharmacy technician, I am required to be nationally certified, yet get paid the same hourly rate as a cashier. I rarely get yearly raises and the company is making the techs have more responsibilities while cutting the pharmacist hours (and not giving us raises). The vacation time is not very good (I've been there 5 years and get just under 2 weeks). Maternity leave is only 6 weeks and family leave of absence is near impossible to obtain.

Sexual harassment is ignored by management. Males are given the higher paying positions. There are a few token females in the higher paying roles. In the last two years two male employees were caught steeling, nothing happened to them. A female employee was caught steeling and was fired. I can not speak for the entire company, however, in this area, the sexism is blatant.

There are a lot of women at the top, but the women at the bottom have to compete with men pretty ferociously because men don't have to step down from leadership roles or worry about who is going to try to take their position while they are out on maternity leave. I've also seen several examples of men being favored in terms of starting pay where women are more likely to start off at or just above minimum wage but male counterparts with similar or less experience in the industry are more likely to be given maximum allowable starting wages. There are no allowances for physical disadvantages such as pregnancy. This can lead to a female manager being demoted or forced out of her position simply because she is unable to meet difficult physical demands. Maternity leave is not paid by the company and the insurance for temporary medical disability deems maternity leave to be FMLA which means, they don't pay even though a doctor has to sign off that the woman must be if work and she is not allowed to return until a doctor signs off that she can return free of any restrictions. Medical restrictions are more likely to be worked with if an employee is male whereas female employees are more likely to be told that they must take a leave if they are given any restrictions other than the number of hours they are permitted to work. Breastfeeding mothers are given zero consideration and shamed for taking to Long on break if they need to pump. There are no private places to pump and not even a power outlet in the ladies rooms to use an electric pump. It's truly an awful place to work as a woman.

The location I was at was terrible. There was obvious favoritism shown to men concerning the schedule, very few people received the days that were requested, to include days off, , and though a doctors excuse was brought in for a single call in for child’s illness, there were verbal repercussions as well as threats. All of which was due to a call in, 3 hours before the beginning of the shift and a doctors excuse including receipts from the copay and pharmacy.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Kroger?