Kroger

2.2
2.1
1.8
1.6

Comments

I worked here for over a year and it was one of the worst jobs I had. They may have been alright at first, but they played favorites. HARD. If at least one manager wasn't attracted to you, then you'd get called out for any little thing. If they did like you, then you could get away with basically anything.

If you want to work for a male dominated company, go to Kroger. Look it up, all the regional directors are male. All the VPs are male. There are about 17 construction managers, 2 of which are female. It’s a total boys club. One RD was reprimanded for sexual harrassment, and he still works there.

This is not a good company to work for in general. You will make more money starting out at McDonald's. If you are a women and have interest in advancing, they will make you jump through hoops. A competent female coworker was passed over for advancement for over 6 months so a male coworker (who had proven himself incompetent at the same position in other locations before arriving at this one) could "have a chance" at the position.

I had a memeber of Management offer a position in the produce department to one of my equal male counterparts and then when I asked if I could do it as well I was asked, “... can you do that? It’s a lot of heavy lifting.” I’m not a small woman.
I reported a sexual harassment to my Human Resources department and they took no action.

Kroger is a great company to work for as far as advancement. Not did great with work life balance.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Kroger?