Get Matched

2.0 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.0 Wellness Initiatives
1.9 Social Activities and Environment
1.7 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

Minimum wage, harassment of team leaders to employees, sexist and degrading comments about women, bullying, no paid time off, no lactation rooms, and no maternity leave.

The biggest issues here are not gender specific. I have had a ton of opportunities to grow here - the developer community has none of the usual sexism I've experienced elsewhere. People here are so helpful and open to collaboration and learning, which is awesome. So from that perspective, it's great. Schedules are pretty flexible in terms of taking time off. It would be a good place to work if you're a parent, since most people here have families and understand. The biggest issues revolve around salary and not having the tools to do my job. I have had to get by without some really basic tools for long periods of time because of how hard it is to get equipment, software, etc. I had to supply my own hard drive and thumb drives, and we have no cloud storage at all. I have to work around the security team's absurd and ineffective policies to do my job. Things that should be easy are ridiculously difficult because of these basic issues. I am also making at least 30-40,000 less than I should be for my position and experience, but because the company is so big and influential in the area, no recruiter will attempt to place me due to their working relationship with the company. I've had them actually tell me, "I'd love to work with you, we could easily place you, but unless you quit I can't." This means I'm effectively stuck here until I save up enough to quit.

Management cares very little about employees.

Severely underpaid and under appreciated when you're a hard-working woman.

Worst place I have ever worked. Upper management was very openly sexist and made disparaging comments about female and LGBT staff. They have a lot of talk about diversity but its the biggest good ol' boys club that I have ever seen.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Kroger?