Kroger

Employer Responsiveness
2.2
2.0
1.7

Comments

I have gotten where I am because of hard work and dedication, I see some who may have gotten where they were simply because they were male, or because they were well liked. Maybe the two go hand in hand, either way, I was given an opportunity and I'm happy where I stand.

Most stores seem to have this problem where women are kept at the front either bagging or as cashiers.

Sexual harassment is looked over. Was okay overall besides the lack of a female-friendly atmosphere. Needs to take better care of all employees, and especially woman or people who are non-white. Most people in management are men and white. Need more diversity. Also, need to be taught how to be more caring, and how to handle critical situations more properly.

There were older male employees who regularly hit on highschool age and early college age female employees. There were uncomfortable comments made towards women off all ages in the work place. There was a manager who was told not to interact with any of the younger new hire girls by higher ups so it was known throughout the store. Little was done, and I was the first one to tell other women that they had an anonymous harassment claim website. One of my coworkers quit because she was getting panic attacks from her department head yelling at her every day, and the store manager told her to deal with it because when she mentioned her anxiety problem, his “ex wife was crazier than that”. Working relationships were quantifiable affected by whether male coworkers or managers had a crush on you..

Based on my experience, this is a terrible place for women to work. Men in the workplace routinely treated me as unintelligent, and then asked me to do tasks for them that they didn’t know how to do themselves. The women that were in leadership were either not supportive of other women or very drained and unable to be supportive because of that.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Kroger?