Jos. A. Bank

1.3
1.2
1.1
1.0

Comments

My time with this company was painful. The store manager was disgusting, rude, and sexist.

In general, I feel comfortable and confident is be able to move up in terms of store manager, regional, and general manager. However, hourly rates, aren't favorable for anyone, not just women and aren't adjustable. Also, vacation and sick time are determined by the coverage in your store. In my case, I've never been able to take a sick day or personal day, and as someone who struggles with ancients/depression, I'd have appreciated a day or two off since beginning working here.

To my current knowledge, your vacation time and sick time can be used toward maternity leave, and hopefully you have an ample amount saved up, which also means you can't take any elsewhere.

There is also no childcare or expense repayment.

Very unresponsive to employee complaints about frustrating co-workers. Documentable difference in pay between men and women.

Would promise a salary but wouldn't deliver, are very patronizing to young female employees (examples: would prevent career growth and cut bonuses and raises for tailors "because they already make the most money"; would tell younger, more driven employees they weren't right for a position they'd rather fill with an old racist, sexist slackoff; constant badgering and harassment from male coworkers who suggest "acting sexier" would give you the position/sale you want; would encourage female coworkers to accept dates from customers "because they don't have anything else going for them".

Benefits were awful for everyone, but are especially limited for mothers who are often denied their PTO "because their child was sick, not THEM". Maternity leave is an opportunity for the employer to replace you with more sexist slackoffs. Your position when returning to the company is demoted to "sales assistant", a glorified house keeper for the store where your sales are divied up between the sales associates.

On the other hand, the company is also xenophobic, racist, and intollerant of religions other than christianity, so at least it's not ONLY women who are screwed over.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Jos. A. Bank ?