Jimmy John's

1.5 Social Activities and Environment
1.4 Ability to Telecommute
1.4 Family Growth Support
1.3 Wellness Initiatives

Comments

This company is mostly split into franchises; some franchises are very well handled, and others are not. Unfortunately, I was stuck with a major franchise that didn't do much to take care of its employees. I hardly made more than the top delivery person as an assistant manager with professional training--not to mention I worked 60+ hours a week and the top delivery person worked less than or equal to 40 hours. I respect what Jimmy John's has to offer: some of the cleanest restaurants in the country, recognition to the company's best management, and support that ensures quality customer service and satisfaction. I greatly enjoyed the job; I had an incredibly difficult time with lying franchise management, terrible staff, and even worse customers. The heart of a downtown city certainly brings out the worst kind of person when it comes to fast food.

No ask off policy, no insurance options, fired a woman with doctor's notes and promoted previously fired MALE employee. Said male employee always late and had no call no show. The dress code only allows shorts and jeans, no capris or anything of the sort specifically for women. The men can wear shorts below the knee but females cannot. No policies in place for mothers OR fathers in need of taking care of their children and having to miss/leave work.

I was a delivery driver for two years, I was offered a managing position. Knowing that I would make less money as a manager, I declined. I later asked for a raise, and was told that I could take the manager position, again, less money.

A female coworker, who was pregnant (and had disclosed this to management and the owners) wanted to become a store manager and was sent to training. She became a manager, but then had pregnancy complications and needed to take a few weeks off of work (doctor's orders). She was told that she would lose her job if she took the time off, therefore being asked to choose between her child's safety and her job. She was also told by male management that she was probably having complications because she was overweight. These managers had brought up her weight before and called her names related to her weight.

She ended up quitting. The franchise owners had no respect for her or her family/safety.

They are extremely sexist, and racist. They only look after themselves

Several sexual harassment issues with little support from management. Zero education on equality practices. Men are promoted over women. Women are passed up for promotions because they are pregnant.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Jimmy John's?