Get Matched

1.5 Social Activities and Environment
1.4 Family Growth Support
1.4 Ability to Telecommute
1.3 Wellness Initiatives

Comments

The franchise I worked for was a bro fest. Lots of derogatory sexist jokes, clear favoritism of male managers. I was once told as a manager that the reason I got a high corporate evaluation score was because I had boobs.

My male friend and I were not only hired at Jimmy John's on the same day, we were hired at the exact same time. The manager just combined our interviews. Not only did I have a year's worth of foodservice experience to my friend's 0, we were hired on the same day, for the same position, with the same amount of hours, asking for the same hourly rate. After less than a month, without advancing in his position there, he ended up making 50¢ more per hour than I did. He didn't get promoted. We worked the exact same hours. They scheduled us together so I could pick him up and drive him to work, so we were literally there doing the same work at the same time for the same amount of time.

Jimmy John's is a great place for someone who wants to be married to their job. Most people are very upbeat, so the culture makes it bearable. They have switched over to hourly because they were underpaying their employees. It was a very well structured company, but was the most miserable place I have ever worked.

Managers were consistently condescending to female coworkers, to the point that nearly no one female works there. Comments like "You're distracting (Male Coworker) by talking while you're cleaning" or "I'll show you how to clean dishes, it'll make you a better housewife"

I tried to file two different sexual harassment complains and a hostile work complaint, the regional manager refused to write up an incident report in every case despite having witnesses. We have no HR department so unless I quit I was forced to work with these managers alone, despite my complaints against them.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Jimmy John's?