JCPenney

2.1 Social Activities and Environment
1.8 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.6 Ability to Telecommute
1.6 Wellness Initiatives

Comments

JCPenney has the best maternity leave! I was 12 weeks pregnant when I started and was given 6 weeks paid 80% when I delivered my baby. They took great care of me.

The nursing room was a supply closet that was locked so employees had to ask. There was no privacy and it was cramped.

Maternity leave was nonexistent for part time employees (only supervisors and up were considered full time). Have to work every holiday, not flexible hours, and often hostile towards people which children who try to take time off to care for them.

Storm was primarily ran by women and employed mostly women ! The top manager was a female and she was absolutely awesome.

The store I worked at was terrible. We only had female managers and if you did anything they didn't like, they punished you by cutting hours. They never fired anyone, they would only force quit people. By the time I left I was a full time employee working 4 hours a week. You weren't allowed to be friends with even other sales associates outside of work, anytime they saw me walking out with someone they approached me later telling me how we're there to work, not make friends. One of my coworkers quit and months later they continued calling her to get her to take a shift because they didn't communicate if someone left. I got in trouble for calling in sick because the manager I talked to never communicated it to anyone. It was the worst place I've ever worked.

Worst company I've ever worked for. GM is very discriminatory, plays favorites and harasses employees.They violate many state state/federal labor laws. Your lucky if you actually get to take a sick day, go to scheduled doctor appts, or take time earned off.

Work in HR or Recruiting for JCPenney?