Iterable logo

4.8 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 1, 2020

Staff Backend Engineer - Product

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Iterable support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
5.0
5.0

Iterable is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 201 to 500 employees. Iterable has a 4.8-star InHerSight Score, based on 16 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees.

Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.

Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past  three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our  values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history  on our About Us page.

The Role:

Product Engineering at Iterable is responsible for the core platform used by our growing customer base. Making this platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. Our Engineering team works closely with Product and Design to bring next-generation marketing solutions to our massively-scalable platform. We believe in building an engineering culture guided by our company values which you can learn more about here.

One of our core values is Growth Mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can continuously learn. If this is an idea that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.

Position Details:

• Own the back-end of the product with a huge amount of autonomy
  • Architect and develop solutions to scale a complex platform that reaches millions of users
  • Collaborate with frontend, backend, product, and design to conceptualize and build new product features
  • Provide direction for your team and guide standards across the Engineering organization
  • Improve Engineering processes, tooling, and efficiency
  • Mentor and guide team members

The Ideal Candidate Will Have:

• Relevant industry experience building production-ready, scalable web applications
  • Proficiency  in at least one modern programming language (ideally Scala and/or Java)
  • Extensive experience with Elasticsearch and/or other relevant technologies
  • Ability to facilitate discussions within your team and cross-functionally
  • A desire to be part of a values-driven Engineering team
  • Passion for learning -- always improving yourself and the team around you

Our Technology Stack:

• Programming Language: Scala
  • Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis
  • Infrastructure: RabbitMQ, Pulsar, AWS
  • Other Relevant Technologies: Docker / Kubernetes, React

Bonus Points for:

• Experience with large scale performance testing
  • Experience with functional programming and the JVM

Perks & Benefits:

• Parental leave
  • Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
  • Flexible  PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
  • Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
  • Generous monthly Employee Wellness Allowance
  • Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
  • Pre-tax commuter benefits

Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Last Update: 7/24/2020