IBM

2.8
Employer Responsiveness
2.8
2.6

Comments

IBM is a great place for women if you can be hired as an IBM Regular employee. But you don’t get any of the great benefits for women if you are hired as Long Term Supplemental which many groups due to save money.

IBM can provide tremendous opportunities, but women, beware:

In consulting, it's a male-dominated field. There are no senior women in my practice (in fact, they're few and far between in other practices). My managers and mentors have been supportive, but it's been discouraging to not have anyone to look up to or who can relate to the what I think and feel throughout projects.

That being said, I've gained a lot of process and industry knowledge and I'm proud to be an IBMer.

I recommend coming to the company with an open mind, a strong passion to learn, and a willingness to persevere through the hard times and bring about positive change. Let's break down the walls and ceilings together.

For better to worse IBM views you as a resource, they couldn't care less what meat shell you inhabit.

I loved my time here. The people are top-notch. The projects are tough, but rewarding. Learning and growth are constant. The pay is great! Loved the collaborative atmosphere among writers.

IBM is a great place to work in as an entry level career. The training and mentoring will prepare you well. Once past entry level, it becomes clear that the focus on 'diversity' promotes very few women (those that exist are primarily in operations or human resources roles) and the remainder are long time IBMer men.

Work in HR or Recruiting for IBM?