IBM

3.3 | New York City, NY | Information Technology and Services | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for IBM are based on 3,770 ratings from 260 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at IBM. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

Great learning and professional growth.

Don’t work in Beaverton for ibm

The policies are pro-equality, the maternity and paternity support is above average, there are good initiatives around equal pay, mentoring, and women as management leaders. In a long career I didn't suffer any sexual harassment from other permanent employees. I am also fairly confident that if I had needed to discuss harassment with HR, it would have been handled sensitively and responsibly.

But unconscious bias is rampant and very difficult to discuss, the technical career paths have multiple glass ceilings, and while there is a peer mentoring programme, there was much less access to executive sponsors. The company does not collect statistics on ethnicity, disability, etc, my impression is the intersectional experience is probably worse. If you're in a consultancy role, there is limited support for harassment while travelling, from customers, or employees in other sectors of IBM.

There was constant discrimination in my office, even by women. Women would tell me that I was expected to work harder because I was a woman and that’s just “how the world works” nowadays. I had male counterparts who worked 1/3 the amount I did, yet they made 1/3 more than me. I had women in my office say that women coming forward about sexual assault with the #metoo movement were just doing it for attention. I had a woman tell me I was grumpy, men would only want me in my early-to-mid twenties, and that my hard work meant nothing if my “personality sucks.” Whenever id reach out to HR, they weren’t interested - I once called HR to ask about a write-up I was given, to which she immediately said, “I thought we were done with this.” It’s like a dont-ask-don’t-tell business, but that attitude applies to sharing the discrepancies in equality and fair treatment.

A fantastic company. Well deserving of its global esteem. I had a positive experience.

The IBM Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for IBM?

Know someone in HR or Recruiting at IBM who we should speak to about claiming their page? Let us know! It's anonymous, of course.

Jobs at IBM

IBM has no jobs listed at this time.

IBM is an information technology and services company headquartered in the New York City, NY area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. IBM has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 3,770 ratings from 260 current or former employees. 58 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employee ratings and reviews from women for companies like IBM and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.