The Home Depot

2.4 Family Growth Support
2.3 Salary Satisfaction
2.3 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.7 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

They really treated the women like we were second class citizens

My overall feelings about The Home Depot are based on my experience within the location I was at. Some of the management were indifferent or lacked sympathy for females being sexually harassed by customers and even other employees. That is not to say that this is the case at every Depot. I have met many female store managers that I know would not have tolerated that behavior. The company it's self was very good about promoting women from within the company, though wages were not great. My hourly pay was only raised to a livable income after they tried to move me departments that did not have a set schedule and I refused due to my need for a second job. Overall I believe it could have been a great company to work for, I was just unfortunate to end up in the particular store I was in.

The politics within management were so messed up. They picked and chose when policies applied to the people they liked. They don't pay you a livable wage and make it extremely difficult to gain full time employement.

Home Depot has promise to be a good company for women. However, there are more opertuintys for men to move up then women and a lot of upper management have sexist tendencies. Hiring young women based on looks. The manager at my store (Ryan) often was caught flirting with pretty customers and employees. He would also give the femail management a harder time then the male management, often nit picking at minor details making it difficult to move up.

Homedepot is not flexible for emergency situations like a flat tires or illness. One employee lost her job because she became pregnant and delivered before being employed a year landing her ineligible for maternity leave. They also have no mercy for pregnant women that need help lifting. Not a good place for pregnant women.

I loved working for The Home Depot. The store I work at really took care of me when I had an accident and could not work. They try to take care of their people, but there are metrics that must be attained that are outlandish at times. They want to be the #1 customer service retailer in the world,but they do not provide the staffing to do so.

Work in HR or Recruiting for The Home Depot?