Get Matched

2.4 Flexible Work Hours
2.2 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.2 Salary Satisfaction
1.6 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

Zero female managers. I was sexually harassed by MULTIPLE male coworkers, including department heads. I had one male coworker follow me home on multiple occasions (I walked to/from work, he drove and tried to get me to get in his car). Shockingly catty and gossipy environment. Rumors being spread, particularly about female employees, was staggering and usually incredibly demeaning.

I make $0.87 to every dollar the closest male counterpart makes. We have been working at the company for similar lengths of time, we have the same level position, we are almost the same age, and we have the exact same family situation.

The women and men have the same workload except the women get paid $2.00 less than the man. Also the women who have more skills than the man have to take on more to receive a higher raise (.50) to a mans dollar. Women are scrutinized to the point of quitting when we complain of doing double work when the man gets more for just showing up. In some stores there is so much favoritism going on that a revolving door of new hires is added. The raises are a joke for the amount of baloney the sales staff has to put up with on a daily basis. I.e. rude customers, threatening customers, out of date equipment, over working to the point of fatigue.

Working at The Home Depot, I feel undermined as a women. There's a lack of respect from co workers, they make derogatory comments and feel they are entitled to say and act how they please. Even though I constantly report this to my direct supervisor AND district manager, no changes have been made and I continue to receive petty attitude from those same employees.

Sexual harassment is a serious issue in this company. Sometimes by the staff, often by the customers. Where I worked, there were many off color comments about my appearance, the fact that I'm a woman in a "man's job," and many uncomfortable situations arose. The management was indifferent to these issues and we ladies were left to handle the problems ourselves. There was literally a manager standing next to me when I was harassed and he did nothing to assist me. Terrible place to work of you're a woman.

Work in HR or Recruiting for The Home Depot?