The Home Depot

2.6
2.5
2.3
1.7

Comments

Sexist hiring practices- pretty women specifically chosen as cashiers, men given other opportunities and promised other opportunities if they chose to work as a cashier. Poor management, sexual harassment given a slap on the wrist and employees forced to continue to work with harassers.

I loved working for Home Depot. Bi-Annual bonuses, self-paced training, team building, and lively teams. The only issue I had was that I saw certain departments get only male leaders or a majority of male workers and I did see a pay gap between males and females.

I am lucky to have an Operations Manager that is female and feel comfortable going to her to express concerns. Most of the issues I have with the job I work don’t come from the associates or company itself, but rather from the customers in our store. Most of which do not want my help since I am female in what they see as a man’s store or line of work.

At least in my area, sometimes the clientele do not treat us as women equally since THD can be viewed as "a man's store," but in terms of management and corporate, it does not seem like gender is considered. The opportunities available to me as a woman have nothing to do with because I'm a woman or because anyone else interested is a man, but because I'm good at what I do and have the skills to show for it.

They’re a pretty equal company, but it’s hard not to noice the glass ceiling. After a certain point managements is 100% male

Work in HR or Recruiting for The Home Depot?