Get Matched

2.3 Wellness Initiatives
2.3 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.2 Salary Satisfaction
1.6 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

They have violated my rights as a human. I've waited nearly an hour to use the facilities, due to me working alone at the garden as a cashier. They also wanted me to put profit above mine and my fiancee's health.

I have worked for Home Depot for a very long time and this store is my third store I have worked at for the company. I have worked in customer service since I was 17, and I have definitely seen a lot more women in leadership over the last few years at Home Depot which makes me very happy. However, there are far more men in leadership than women so I'm hoping over the next few years it will even out more. Home Depot provides health insurance to part time and full time employees, if you choose to enroll. They work with your schedule and try to work with you if you need days off for things such as school (since they are in a college town, they understand). The only downfall of working at the Home Depot is the same downfall of working at any retail location and that's the bad customers/the customers you can't make happy no matter how hard you try. If you can learn how to handle angry customers from time to time then this is a good place for you!

Home Depot is a very inclusive workplace for people of all race, gender, religion and sexual preference. They may not have an on site gym or some other "extras" in this survey, but you can easily move up or around with in the company regardless of gender, race, religion or preference, as long as you work hard and strive for those goals. It's also shift work, so setting your own schedule isn't an option but most companies tell you the hours you are going to work anyway, with the shift work it's not really an issue, schedules are given out 3 weeks in advance you have the ability to request off specific days or for different shifts to schedule you personal stuff rarely are those requests denied.

In a customer-facing sales environment my main concern is not so much opportunity for advancement (which exists, and there are a good number of well-placed and visible women throughout the management structure) as the attitude of people on the ground when it comes to customer harassment of women.

Which happens a lot.

I have had a manager placate the offender because "they're the customer, and we just want them to be happy" while I shook and held back tears after a particularly nasty bout of gendered name-calling.

It took several months to ban a repeat offender from molesting our cashiers. He stalked one of them. She told management. They told her it was "difficult" to ban him from the store.

Customers routinely get into my personal space and touch me in familiar ways (hands on shoulders/arms/back) despite my attempts to step away from them, and not once have I had a male coworker intervene between me and a creepy male customer even when they're around to witness the interaction and my discomfort and despite multiple requests from me that if they see things like that, could they please step in?.

I don't feel "safe" and "comfortable" at work as a retail sales associate, because the company gives lip service to equality but doesn't bother protecting its women on the sales floor from customers who clearly make us uncomfortable or unsafe.

Some people with little experience were hired over others some were promoted you had to know someone in office to get hirer position unless you were sleeping with them!!!

Work in HR or Recruiting for The Home Depot?