Guitar Center

1.6
1.4
1.3
1.2

Comments

I've worked in sales, mid-level floor management, back-of-house, and field merchandising in dozens of locations across the country. Sexual harassment is prominent and improperly handled. It comes from customers, co-workers, mangers, and corporate employees alike and is often treated as a minor offense and leads to no repercussions for the offender. I have been told to simply stay away from employees after they've behaved inappropriately towards me and never even been given apologies while the incident is left stale in the hands of management and never propelled to higher levels of HR. I've been touched, grabbed, yelled at, threatened, and reported by customers to management after not reciprocating sexual advances from clientele. There is no discussion happening in this corporation to improve the store environment for its female employees, and it will inevitably be a factor of GC's downfall if it is not addressed. It's a horrible place for women to work.

Toxic work environment. Constant sexual harassment and overt sexism from both co-workers and customers.

The one female leader that the Woodwind & Brasswind branch has is absolutely a dictator-minded "leader" that lashes out verbally on everyone. She is highly unprofessional, has no experience, and is a major bully to anyone that comes into contact with her while working. This is never an ideal person to have representing your company overall, especially your female roles.

This is a very male dominate company, where other employees and customers harass female employees, and most of the males don't care (obviously with some exceptions.) There have been many situations where other employees made me feel very uncomfortable.
Also, upper management does not seem to care about female employee opinions, and I have seen this demonstrated by GMs and higher.

Boys club. Degrading male leadership that bashed females and males not part of the boys club. Senior VP would degrade people based on appearance behind their back.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Guitar Center?