Guitar Center

Female Representation in Leadership
1.4
1.3
1.3

Comments

I was sexually harassed by one of my employees who got a hold of my personal email and HR did absolutely nothing!!!! My manager wanted to fire him, but HR wouldn’t allow him.

GC is very male-dominated. I got lucky in that my manager made an effort to get more female employees in the store and was proactive about kicking out the asshole customers who hit on me. That is the exception, not the rule. Regardless, I faced a ton of sexism working in the drum department.

Guitar Center just doesn't have a great pay model either. Very hard to make ends meet when you're on commission there.

Generally a good company for women but some it can be a bit of a "boys club" sometimes.

I've worked in sales, mid-level floor management, back-of-house, and field merchandising in dozens of locations across the country. Sexual harassment is prominent and improperly handled. It comes from customers, co-workers, mangers, and corporate employees alike and is often treated as a minor offense and leads to no repercussions for the offender. I have been told to simply stay away from employees after they've behaved inappropriately towards me and never even been given apologies while the incident is left stale in the hands of management and never propelled to higher levels of HR. I've been touched, grabbed, yelled at, threatened, and reported by customers to management after not reciprocating sexual advances from clientele. There is no discussion happening in this corporation to improve the store environment for its female employees, and it will inevitably be a factor of GC's downfall if it is not addressed. It's a horrible place for women to work.

Toxic work environment. Constant sexual harassment and overt sexism from both co-workers and customers.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Guitar Center?