Get Matched

2.6 Management Opportunities for Women
2.6 Female Representation in Top Leadership
2.4 Ability to Telecommute
2.4 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program

Comments

The company is a mens club, it is almost impossible to have your voice heard and even more so if you are female. Having once applied for a leadership position after training the department on how to use our new software, twice, was denied promotion over a male coworker who couldn't follow simple steps to do his job. This was one of the many instances that if you weren't a male and weren't a "Friend" of a favorite of a manager you do not get promoted no matter how qualified you might be.

Discouraged from talking too much in front of other employees.

This company was pretty much a boy's club when I worked there. It wasn't uncommon to hear male co-workers making misogynistic jokes and other insensitive remarks--even among managers. There were few opportunities for advancement, and hard working employees would often go unrecognized and unrewarded. Employees who did get promoted were usually buddies with that manager and, again, part of the boy's club. The best you could hope for, if you were a really great employee, was a 3% raise come review time. My managers showed very little respect for my time, and my work life and family/home life was very unbalanced. Unfortunately, being willing to work long hours at the expense of your personal life was a part of the expectation. I was really dismayed when my physician essentially told me I should find another job, citing that she had several patients who also worked at the company who were suffering from anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, and other stress-related ailments. In fact, she offered on several occasions to write a letter for me to take to the company's HR department about it. I didn't take her up on the offer, but I did take her advice and get a new job. I'm in a MUCH more professional and respectful work environment now, and I'm loving it. I've known people that have had the complete opposite experience at GoDaddy and are very happy there--mainly developers or folks who worked for corporate GoDaddy. Unfortunately, in my experience, they did not make up the majority.

Management is not well trained. Now that the company is public they need to make sure they are functioning correctly to prevent lawsuits and harassment cases. Their management teams including supervisors abuse power and treat people very disrespectfully.

GoDaddy does a fantastic job making sure their employees are happy. I am happy to be working at a place where I can start my family and not have to worry about poor insurance, maternity leave, job flexibility. It's great to know I can move forward with those things with the help of my employer.

At GoDaddy we're pulling for small business. Help us transform the global economy, one entrepreneur at a time.

GoDaddy helps the world easily start, confidently grow, and successfully run an online presence. GoDaddy was born to give people an easy, affordable way to get their ideas online. Today, we have millions of customers around the world, but our goal hasn't changed. We’re here to help people easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures - online and off!

Women at GoDaddy

• Fertility assistance
  • Adoptive assistance

• Gym membership subsidy
  • Subsidized healthy food
  • On-site fitness classes and/or equipment
  • Nutrition and/or weight management counseling
  • Yoga and/or meditation

• Occasional social activities
  • Game room
  • Subsidized food

GoDaddy has no jobs listed at this time.