Get Matched

2.8 Management Opportunities for Women
2.6 Female Representation in Top Leadership
2.6 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
2.5 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

In fairness this comes from a corporate position, not one of the call floor positions - however, I have found the organization to be extremely fair to women. GoDaddy has been public in regards to their pay discrepancy - https://www.wired.com/2015/10/godaddy-reveals-gender-pay-gaps-at-grace-hopper-celebration/ and what they are doing to solve unconscious bias in promotion and hiring. They also have created an HR and benefits culture that are dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ population with transgender health benefits as well as domestic partnership and adoption benefits.

I have worked for GoDaddy for almost 7 years, and in its past, it was a "boys club" - however since Blake Irving and Auguste Goldman have taken the helm in regards to employee satisfaction the culture has shifted completely. Our engineering, UX, management, accounting, and other corporate positions have been keenly focused on diverse hiring.

This being said - the call center jobs are a much different role. It is a fiercely competitive sales job that does not easily lend itself to taking time off and does support a "get over it and buckle down" mentality. The benefits are different for these non-exempt employees as well and it takes some time to be able to take that 18-month maternity leave or to take substantial vacation time. You would be hard-pressed to find a better call center job, but do not mistake it for something it isn't (a high-level career with the perks that come with exempt status).

I can not recommend working at GoDaddy and frequently recommend people people not accept offer of employment there. On paper the company looks good: yes, there is a women in tech initiative and the benefits are fantastic. But the reality, especially following the company going public is a company that has a number of employee and culture issues. It still feels like a boys club and those in management often don't have experience with the jobs of those they are managing. The company has been sued by the National Labor Board (a government agency) several times (it is public record -- do your due diligence and research) for violating employee rights as outlined in federal law. Several of my coworker's had to take medical leave due to the anxiety and extreme work stress. The corporate side is better; the customer care side of the company is horrible to employees. The company still lands on Best Place to work lists, but I have no idea how after seeing it from the inside.

GoDaddy has come a long way in recent years. The CEO, Blake Irving, is strongly passionate about diversity and Women in Tech. We have GoDaddy Women in Tech group which is focussed on gender diversity and inclusion throughout the company. I am never treated any different than my male co-workers. Work-life balance and benefit packages can't be beat. Live passionately! #itsgotime

The company is a mens club, it is almost impossible to have your voice heard and even more so if you are female. Having once applied for a leadership position after training the department on how to use our new software, twice, was denied promotion over a male coworker who couldn't follow simple steps to do his job. This was one of the many instances that if you weren't a male and weren't a "Friend" of a favorite of a manager you do not get promoted no matter how qualified you might be.

Discouraged from talking too much in front of other employees.

At GoDaddy we're pulling for small business. Help us transform the global economy, one entrepreneur at a time.

GoDaddy helps the world easily start, confidently grow, and successfully run an online presence. GoDaddy was born to give people an easy, affordable way to get their ideas online. Today, we have millions of customers around the world, but our goal hasn't changed. We’re here to help people easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures - online and off!

Women at GoDaddy

This information is provided by GoDaddy

Board

Executive

This information is provided by GoDaddy

• Unlimited paid time off
  • Unlimited sick leave
  • Occasional remote work available
  • There is a core work schedule as a company, but this may vary by team or location. This can also change due to timezones, location, or situations that require as such.

• Tuition reimbursement

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council

• 12 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 12 weeks fully paid adoptive leave
  • Full-Time Employees:
  • Beginning on the first day of employment, full-time exempt employees are eligible to take twelve weeks of Parental Leave, paid at 100% of the employee’s base salary, upon the birth or adoption of the child(ren).
  • Part-Time Employees:
  • Part-time exempt employees with three or more years of service are eligible to take three weeks of Parental Leave, paid at 100% of the
  • employee’s base salary, upon the birth or adoption of the child(ren).

• Dedicated lactation facilities
  • Subsidized child-care
  • Fertility assistance
  • Adoptive assistance

• Gym membership subsidy
  • Subsidized healthy food
  • On-site fitness classes and/or equipment
  • Nutrition and/or weight management counseling
  • Yoga and/or meditation

• Occasional social activities
  • Game room
  • Subsidized food

GoDaddy has no jobs listed at this time.