Gap Inc.

2.5
2.5
2.4
2.2

Comments

Working for Gap had its positives and negatives. I worked for the same store for over seven years and had a great group of coworkers. I continued to get promoted and pay increases to go with that. Although I would have liked a bit more income, the overall benefits were great; PTO, health, 401k, etc. the biggest negative was our store closing and getting very little to no help/communication on the process of closing the store down.

For the tech sector of a retail company, GapTech has some good pockets of great people. The problems I see with it is that upper leadership keep making thrashing contradictory decisions that break down good things that are already in place. Completely restructure the teams one way. Then three months later cut more people and restructure teams in a completely different way. Then transition the whole organization to DevOps without a plan in place (an organization-wide "trial and error" plan). Huge changes are happening too quickly for morale and trust to recover. This is a good place for a young developer to begin a career (provided they are hired onto a good team), and then find something better later on. Very few women in technical roles here too.

Hours are frequently cut. Management will sooner cut hours than address issues or concerns

Great work environment

Equal opportunities for women. However there is still a lot of politics and favoritism among leadership.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Gap Inc.?