Follett Higher Education Group

2.0
1.8
1.8
1.5

Comments

Constantly cutting hours and forcing good employees to leave. No paid maternity leave. Forced to take vacation days when school closed for break. Potential to move up, but only by serious advocating for yourself. Also seems like a dying company.

I worked in a store that they ram for a university and the manager was allowed to be as sexist, racist, and ablest as he wanted. The corporate level gave managers more control over policies than they should have. I would give the manager requests for accomdiations and he buried them with a bunch of other papers on his desk. When they talked budget cuts, I was let go even though several younger and more attractive ladies were hired AFTER me. The only two he let go were myself and an African-American woman. I filed a complaint with the federal government because I felt my rights were violated due to the ADA and they denied me giving them documentation of a disability because the manager was allowed to bury it. They also made it seem in the EEOC findings I was fired when the state of New Jersey was told I was laid off. And to add insult to injury, the manager was transferred to another location when the university did not renew their contract with the company! This company is full of bigots and micromanages and will press women at every opportunity. STAY AWAY!

This company does not care about their employees. Only how much money they can make. They cycled out employees every 10 weeks and had no oportunity for growth.

Never discriminated against by management for doing certain jobs. If a man would be asked to do something, I would be asked to do the same thing with no concern for my ability. Was given two different leadership positions during my time there.

Was not very friendly for women or anyone. I worked in a university bookstore as a sales person and the general manager was rather sexist. He called us "Girls" and I even saw one point where he complained about a pregnant customer who went to her office to get help with moving her purchase. She wasn't there but he asked me about it (the purchase was out of the way of other customers) and when I told him, he branded this pregnant woman as "lazy" and when I told him she was a pregnant woman, he attempted to be nicer but it was very insincere. Later I would be "let go" and there was only two who were and the company painted me as unstable and I was fired when I filed a discrimination complaint (I have a disability) but the state's Department of Labor told me (when they looked into it due to an issue on unemployment) I was laid off.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Follett Higher Education Group?