Follett Higher Education Group

2.0
1.9
1.7
1.6

Comments

This company does not care about their employees. Only how much money they can make. They cycled out employees every 10 weeks and had no oportunity for growth.

Never discriminated against by management for doing certain jobs. If a man would be asked to do something, I would be asked to do the same thing with no concern for my ability. Was given two different leadership positions during my time there.

Was not very friendly for women or anyone. I worked in a university bookstore as a sales person and the general manager was rather sexist. He called us "Girls" and I even saw one point where he complained about a pregnant customer who went to her office to get help with moving her purchase. She wasn't there but he asked me about it (the purchase was out of the way of other customers) and when I told him, he branded this pregnant woman as "lazy" and when I told him she was a pregnant woman, he attempted to be nicer but it was very insincere. Later I would be "let go" and there was only two who were and the company painted me as unstable and I was fired when I filed a discrimination complaint (I have a disability) but the state's Department of Labor told me (when they looked into it due to an issue on unemployment) I was laid off.

My dissatisfaction was location specific. Corporate had many women in upper level management positions, but the store level did not offer equal pay to women in identical positions.

The branch I work in is a recent acquisition and part of a diverse and fun team, but upper management and the rest of the company is severely lacking. Onboarding is a nightmare for new acquisitions, and the willingness for established employees to work with new acquisitions on an equal scale is nearly nonexistent. Men outnumber women in a majority of the company's higher paying jobs nearly 3-1, insurance is terrible (a copay of 700+ $ for life saving medicine) and pay doesn't nearly keep up with the cost of living. Flexibility, a fun evironment for our small office (8 people on our team) and the ability to work from anywhere in the world are what keep me here.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Follett Higher Education Group?