Facebook

4.0 | Menlo Park, CA | Internet | 10000+ Employees

InHerSight Ratings

Scores for Facebook are based on 1,249 ratings from 88 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for Facebook

The company overall is amazing. Great pay, benefits, office decor and diversity. However, leadership is a joke and is ruining the beloved culture. It's becoming apparent that the same people that ruined other thriving and scaling companies like Google etc are being hired into FB and therefore ruining it with their arrogant, selfish and political ways.
In recruiting leadership hired their friend into a Direvtor level role that should have never even been a senior manager. The woman had never managed a manager or lead and the biggest team she managed was 8 people at MSFT for 1 year before she was demoted to IC, then got a job at Columbia as Director (because he husband was friends with the CEO) At Columbia she managed 3 people and managed hiring for maybe 30 roles per year. She was there for 2 years.
She got the job at FB as Director overseeing a global team of 100+ 4 managers etc. Her lack of leadership, strategy and overall knowledge of management is beyond apparent. This is the sort of thing that happens at FB. The leadership are so scared of losing their place, they hire their friends and it becomes a political hodgepodge of crap that everyone else has to wade through.
I'm so sad that everything I joined FB for was a lie. They talk this amazing talk of fairness, openness creativity and inclusivity but they dont walk it.

I really think Facebook is leading the tech industry in terms of its commitment and progress so far towards more gender equality in the workplace. My direct manager, my manager's manager, and several other senior researchers on my team are all women, as well as everyone who sits around me in the office (including a product manager, a software engineer, and a content strategist). These ladies' voices are very well-respected on the team, often perceived as necessary, and called upon at integral points during the product development process from high-level strategy formation to feedback on the nitty gritty design details. I have found so many female role models here that I had been lacking thus far, and I have found no problem fitting in socially. However, I do know that experiences at Facebook vary very widely based on each individual's manager/team, so I can't speak for other interns here, but I have had nothing but the best experience here so far, and I would definitely consider coming back here to work full time.

Zuckerberg is a creep. Watch the news in the coming months about how he really feels about and treats women in his company.

Overall, the education and emphasis on managing bias is huge. I've felt very accepted and able to speak my mind. While there is not as much representation of women in management and leadership as I would like, the culture is extremely supportive and inclusive, and I hope that in time there will be more women in leadership. There are also a number of inspiring women in technical leadership roles to look up to.

This is the best place I have ever worked at! Love it here!

The Facebook Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for Facebook?

Know someone in HR or Recruiting at Facebook who we should speak to about claiming their page? Let us know! It's anonymous, of course.

Jobs at Facebook

Facebook has no jobs listed at this time.

Facebook is an internet company headquartered in the Menlo Park, CA area that employs 10000+ people. Facebook has a 4.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,249 ratings from 88 current or former employees. 15 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like Facebook and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.