Get Matched

Edelman

3.2 | Chicago, IL | Public Relations and Communications | 1001 to 5000 Employees

3.2

3.1 Flexible Work Hours
2.8 Salary Satisfaction
2.8 Wellness Initiatives
2.8 Family Growth Support

Comments

It's a boy's club up at the top. If you're not a white male, you'll be working for them. I was the only person of color in my department, was treated passive aggressively and given no opportunity to move forward.

Edelman can be a great place for women. I've only experienced one GM who has made inappropriate remarks to female team members. Except for that, Edelman has a great environment for women.

I worked at Edelman for several years, always bumping against the glass ceiling. Women in the New York and Chicago offices received promotions to higher levels, and it took Washington many years to follow suit. There was a group of men who were extremely insular and mysogenistic but who hid behind political correctness. There was a totally indifferent HR structure. Finally, I gave up and let myself be lured by a competitor.

Mind the [Gender] Gap

At Edelman, GWEN isn’t just the name of our Global Women’s Executive Network and task force. It’s our goal. Because we’re not just global in size -we’re global in scope. We think across many cultures and many countries. Which is why Edelman is about growth – both personal and professional.

We created GWEN as a recruiting, collaborating and career planning group for women within Edelman. The objective is increasing the presence of women at the most senior levels of the company – from 35 percent to 50 percent women in leadership within five years.

Because at Edelman we actively encourage women to take a leadership role. But we’re also concerned with creating an environment whereby women are encouraged to lead and succeed. Which is why GWEN seeks to mentor, advocate, educate and create policies and career paths. We’re committed to giving the women at Edelman every opportunity for impact in the work place.

We want to be the force that helps clear the gap – and the helping hand on the other side.

Edelman has no jobs listed at this time.