Disruptor Beam

4.1 Learning Opportunities
3.9 Wellness Initiatives
3.6 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
3.5 Female Representation in Top Leadership

Comments

Disruptor Beam does try to live by high standards. It has values that it talks about, and lives by.

Disruptor Beam hires more women than I'm used to seeing the in Game Industry, which is great. Women are treated completely as equals, and there is no exclusion based on gender. Everyone has been exceptionally professional and I haven't witnessed a single incident of disrespect at this company.

Anybody can be whatever they want to be at this company, as long as they're willing to become dangerously good at it. I love it!

Game Companies traditionally have a low percentage of women working in them (on the order of 10% or so). While Disruptor Beam's ratio of female colleagues (~30%) is still below where we'd like it to be, it's well above that Game Industry norm. And given that one of our three Company Core Values is Continuous Improvement (the others being Authenticity and Entrepreneurship), my bet is that that ratio of women working here will almost certainly increase over time.

The company is relatively small (just over 100 employees) but rapidly growing and, with it, the amenities and level of support continue to improve. It's easily the most contemporary and forward-thinking company I've ever worked for, especially when it comes to employee wellness. There is a level of trust and respect here that I haven't found in other places.

Disruptor Beam puts the world’s greatest entertainment franchises into every fan’s pocket. The Boston-area company builds story-rich mobile games that connect players around popular franchises including Game of Thrones, Star Trek, and The Walking Dead. Disruptor Beam released its first mobile game, Game of Thrones Ascent, in 2013, followed by the widely popular Star Trek Timelines in January 2016. The Walking Dead: March to War will launch in 2017. Disruptor Beam was founded by game industry veteran and entrepreneur Jon Radoff, and is backed by GrandBanks Capital, Google Ventures, Romulus Capital, and Converge Venture Partners. For more information visit www.DisruptorBeam.com.

Women at Disruptor Beam

This information is provided by Disruptor Beam

Board

Executive

This information is provided by Disruptor Beam

• Taking time off: We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our liberal PTO policies. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.

• Tuition reimbursement
  • Disruptor Beam believes that employee development is most effective when the individual employee takes responsibility for identifying any opportunities for self-development which will enhance work performance through increased skills and knowledge. You are encouraged to play an active part in identifying your own learning needs, selecting appropriate learning methods and in assessing the outcomes and effectiveness of your learning. Each full-time employee is eligible for up to $1500 per calendar year (prorated based off of start date) to use towards learning and development.

• Women's affiliate group
  • The Women in Leadership and Mangement meetup hosted by Disruptor Beam provides support for existing and aspiring women leaders and managers, a platform for open and honest discussion around issues that women may face at work, as well as opportunities for networking and information sharing among peers. You will have the opportunity to participate in social events, sharing circle sessions, professional development workshops, and volunteer activities, among other activities both with your peers, as well as with women in leadership positions at other local companies. To learn more or register go here: http://meetu.ps/c/3jjfp/BhJff/f

• 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • Health: Disruptor Beam offers world class insurance. You'll have access to a national network of doctors that provides comprehensive coverage when you need it most.
  • Parental leave: We support our employees’ families, our policy is that we automatically approve up to 12 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for the primary caregiver and up to 6 weeks of PTO for a secondary caregiver.

• Subsidized child-care
  • Disruptor Beam offers subsidized backup care for children & adults via care.com.

• Gym membership subsidy
  • Subsidized healthy food

• Company retreats
  • Subsidized food
  • Equity Plan: Disruptor Beam strongly believes in sharing in our success. All Disruptor Beam employees receive an equity package in the company as part of their total compensation.
  • Employee experience: Life at Disruptor Beam wouldn’t be the same without movie nights, games, our annual Holiday Party, and Bring Your Kids to Work Day. These are a few ways that we like to celebrate and bond over common interests. Beverages on hand for happy hours and product launches.
  • Work as a team: Disruptor Beam is a tight knit group of under a hundred people. Every week brings new challenges, and every week we work together to meet them. (We also have plenty of fun together: hack days, happy hours, trips, workshops, movies, lunches, and a lot of laughing.)
  • Location: Disruptor Beam is headquartered in Framingham, MA. Our office sits in the heart of the “Golden Triangle”, steps away from an array of shopping, fantastic restaurants and close to the highway. Working here will provide you an abundance of activities to keep you excited and entertained.

Disruptor Beam Is Hiring