Discover Financial Services

3.3
3.2
3.2
3.0

Comments

This is a company run by white men and it will always be run by white men. I was harassed at work and the man was protected. Overall, unimpressed.

The company itself is amazing. They really care for there employees and try to incentivize everyone equally. The only downfall is lower based management and non-phone agent development. It's pretty much non-existent

I have been with the company over 20 years. Great benefits, advancement opportunities, on site services, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement program, volunteer opportunities, the list goes on and on. I am very satisfied with my company!

Discover is a good place to work. It offers great benefits and flexibility (but truly depends on your manager and what he/she will allow). I used to say that the people working there were the best, but that had started to change as the political environment began to get heated. I moved business units and things were better, primarily because it was in build-mode. However, even then, I felt like the "boys club" feeling was still lingering and found out that my pay was not equal to what my counterpart was earning. Thankfully, my VP took notice and made a change as this was one of his priorities. I wish I could have had more opportunities to work in their satellite office downtown (I live in the city and would take me almost 2 hours to commute there), but most of the time facetime was necessary.

Depending on what team you are on, there is HEAVY male favoritism, and it shows. Many men may come and go as they please, but the women are held to a different standard.... make sure not to "hurt their morale".

Work in HR or Recruiting for Discover Financial Services?