Dillard's, Inc

1.4 Social Activities and Environment
1.4 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.3 Ability to Telecommute
1.3 Wellness Initiatives

Comments

More dedicated to sales goals and how many credit applications you can get than they are concerned about the people who work for them. Good pay, which is why people stay so long but an awful and unhealthy working environment. Promises you things and never follows through with them. My manager, in particular, was awful about communicating with me or responding to any emails and they ended up getting me go because I was pregnant even though I was fully capable of working.

I love working here. There are upsides and downsides. Upside: extremely flexible with scheduling. Downside: unpaid maternity leave. Upside: awesome environment and coworkers. Downside: awful insurance. Each job has its own upsides and downsides, you just have to find one that suits you whose upsides outweigh the downsides.

Working for this company was horrible. I constantly felt my job was at stake for the smallest of infractions, the management was cruel and not at all understanding (in most aspects), and they blatantly chose their associates less on merit and more on looks. Also greatly lacked the ability to assist their so called "valued employees" with temporary disabilities. After a couple of months working there I found out I was pregnant, and I was frequently asked to perform tasks that could be considered dangerous to me or my child. I found out late in the pregnancy that I had a tumor on my spine causing me excruciating pain, and I came back to work with restrictions under the impression that they would understand. When I brought it up, at first they made it seem like it was no problem. I was forced to leave the next day because they couldn't afford me as a liability, they sabotaged my income for the last month of my pregnancy by lying to the unemployment office when I sought assistance. Dillard's is an awful company to work for.

Terrible! I started the same day as another associate in the same department. My numbers as far as sales and absences were vastly better and he received a pretty substantial raise and I was denied the same raise.

They literally do not have HR. Your manager should be able to handle any HR problems. Except when the manager is the problem....

Work in HR or Recruiting for Dillard's, Inc?