Dillard's, Inc

1.5
1.4
1.3
1.2

Comments

Unrealistic standards set for employees. No room for growth. My store had a female store manager that was completely sexist against the other females in the store. Males were promoted and favored over other employees. She spent time with the male employees outside of work and buy them drinks and favors. I was continually harassed by two males on the staff and when I complained, nothing was done about it. I wasn’t given access to the whistle blowing line when requested. I was cussed at and made to feel worthless on more than one occasion.

I have worked for this company for over 4 yrs & have experienced some of the most radical & unprofessional individuals. The situations management has put me in, the things they have done to me & other associates, I could write a book about! They do not care about their associates, that is why there is such a high turnover rate. They do not train their new associates, they force other associates to train new associates, without paying them additionally for being trainers. They pit associates against associates to create a combative environment, because they think that's what generates sales.

However, the worst is that men that are hired are given full time opportunities right away & being paid more. It is insulting, I haven't had a raise in almost three years. Yet they had a new hire (male) that was hired in at the same rate of pay as me & immediately offered a full time position. Why does Dillard's not value women? Are we more expendable? You tell me I don't qualify for a raise year after year somehow, but a brand new associate who is male is worth more? What is our value Dillard's? Why are we making management more money year after year, but we aren't being rewarded for our hard work?

Also there is a manager of the Men's Dept who has had inappropriate relations with associates. He has harassed many of the women (verbally, physically, & sexually) & management is aware. Yet we have been told it his culture. He is actually married to one of the girls he was having inappropriate relations with now & he constantly sells for her, so she makes more money/commission & he reaps the benefit of it. This is unethical & management is aware & does nothing. Why is someone like this still working for Dillard's & how? Oh because he is Muslim & from Tanzania, so they don't want to be seen as being discriminatory towards a Muslim/African man. It has nothing to do with his religion/culture. He is a bad man & that is that.

The only way to be respected and treated fairly was to harass customers to be at the top of the food chain. Male managers also enjoyed the girls who dressed... Not so modest. Dress code didn't apply for some women at all if you get the jist. They do not take harassment seriously and will just ignore it or pretend to handle it so they can sweep it under the rug. Favoritism is a massive problem.

More dedicated to sales goals and how many credit applications you can get than they are concerned about the people who work for them. Good pay, which is why people stay so long but an awful and unhealthy working environment. Promises you things and never follows through with them. My manager, in particular, was awful about communicating with me or responding to any emails and they ended up getting me go because I was pregnant even though I was fully capable of working.

I love working here. There are upsides and downsides. Upside: extremely flexible with scheduling. Downside: unpaid maternity leave. Upside: awesome environment and coworkers. Downside: awful insurance. Each job has its own upsides and downsides, you just have to find one that suits you whose upsides outweigh the downsides.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Dillard's, Inc?