Dillard's, Inc

1.5
1.5
1.3
1.2

Comments

It's a very competitive work environment, which would be fine if the goals were obtainable. So, to reach these goals you have to fight co-workers to get customers. Plus Dillard's does zero advertising ( or at least the one I work at), or sales except the few they have a year. Although, your hourly pay is great, there is a lot of mess to deal with.

Poor management, very little room for promotion if you work on commission.
Severely lacking HR department. By that I mean 1 person does all of payroll and HR. They make $11 an hour. Draw your conclusions about competence from that.

Being retail, we work with mostly women. Unfortunately, management does nothing for harassment. They only care about sales. If someone has good sales and makes the company money, they can bully and harass with not even a word said to them.

With it being a sales per hour type of job, there is a lot of competition and it can be high stress. This also sometimes puts you at odds with fellow coworkers. That being said, I worked with a great team who wasn’t perfect, but was supportive. There were no judgements during an extremely hard time and emotional support from management. I did transfer within the company and found none of that at the new location which caused me to leave

I know I was a valued employee and I learned a lot, but Dillard’s is a company that is not willing to invest in its stores. The technology is thirty years old, inventory is over bought to the point of extreme excess, and every single management role is actually the job of three people. In the end, continuing to work in the job I had was not leading anywhere fast enough to make the toll on my health worthwhile.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Dillard's, Inc?