US Department of Defense (DOD)

2.9 | Washington, D.C. | Military | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for US Department of Defense (DOD) are based on 2,000 ratings from 138 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at US Department of Defense (DOD). First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

Working for the government makes it challenging to get promoted into positions you are qualified for based on pay scales and ranks. Also, the good ol boy club makes sure those they want in positions get them, even if there are others more qualified.

I loved my experience working for the DOD and with the military community.

Working in the DOD for 8 years was such an amazing experience. I learned a lot about leading people, managing large budgets, and how to exercise problem solving techniques in unique situations. I also learned how to interact with community partners and elected officials and I was frequently involved in projects that were mutually beneficial. As a PAO, I also led a team of 10-20 photojournalists and broadcasters who diligently worked to publish products for the American taxpayers via newspaper and through social media outlets. It was a very fast paced job and was very satisifying.

DoD's best kept secret is subsidized on-site daycare. Military daycares are open at least 12 hours a day, sometimes more, and cost a fraction of the cost of daycare on the economy. 12-15 month wait list though, so have to get on the list early.

There is zero support for birthing mothers in the civilian arena. If you would like to have maternity leave you should have been saving your sick leave for years prior to becoming pregnant, because that’s your maternity leave source.

The US Department of Defense (DOD) Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for US Department of Defense (DOD)?

Know someone in HR or Recruiting at US Department of Defense (DOD) who we should speak to about claiming their page? Let us know! It's anonymous, of course.

Jobs at US Department of Defense (DOD)

US Department of Defense (DOD) has no jobs listed at this time.

US Department of Defense (DOD) is a military company headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. US Department of Defense (DOD) has a 2.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 2,000 ratings from 138 current or former employees. 29 employees left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like US Department of Defense (DOD) and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.