CVS Pharmacy

2.0 Wellness Initiatives
2.0 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.6 Social Activities and Environment
1.6 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

Bottom line: CVS only cares about making money. They do this at the expense of their customers and employees.

I worked at CVS/Pharmacy for over 11 years. I was well respected and felt that women were treated equally to men.

Work life balance was awful. Being pregnant and working 14 hours with no break is absurd. Also, when I mentioned to my district manager that I was struggling with the schedule and terrible morning sickness, he told me to just pull up a trash can next to the verification station so I could throw up and continue working. In a pharmacy. Dispensing medication.

The pharmacy manager at my location told me from the getgo she was a vain woman. She only ever spoke about herself and had a few favorite employees. She was unapproachable when it came to personal problems because she commonly sent her employees on guilt trips. Needless to say working in that location was no walk in the park.

CVS is not the place to work if you are a single parent. Schedules are Sunday-Saturday and most stores only give you your schedule on a weekly basis every Thursday--meaning you don't find out if you're working on the Sunday until the Thursday right before. That leaves 2 days to find childcare for a 7-8 hour shift. Weekends aren't rotated, neither are Holidays and the store never closes. Unless you have reliable childcare willing to be on standby with short notice, it's not a good place to work.

Work in HR or Recruiting for CVS Pharmacy?