CVS Health

1.9 Company Responsiveness
1.9 Ability to Telecommute
1.9 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.5 Social Activities and Environment

Comments

No room for position promotions unless you are a pet of the upper management. You work your butt off to stay caught up with the work load assigned to you plus work overtime more than expected due to the work load. Stress level is really high. You do your best possible and management/corporate always expects more or constantly fusses about you doing something wrong.

My boss is not great with women. The company as a whole I think can improve. They offer time off but only by making others work longer by cutting staff. When you need time off, even a day for health reasons but know it'll make a coworker lose a day off you just can't do it. The mini back after a child is not enough time and they stop paying you if you're not back within the time frame giving(2 weeks I believe). How can a company say they wish to offer a better life for there workers but they make it so each store can't have enough people to do so.

Health benefits are lacking and more expensive than I had anticipated when coming over from a private company.

Maternity leave is a short term disability policy that requires All PTO be used beforehand. Unfortunately most parents know kids get sick at daycare leaving parents with few options. Companies of similar size (number of employees,etc) have adopted far more progressive leave policies - 16w fully paid, and options for longer unpaid if desired (another 10w). For a company that cares about helping people on their path to better health, that sure doesn't ring true for female employees with families.

I'm very satisfied with the company I work for. I feel like everything is fair: the more you put in, the more you get out. We also have a team recognition system where we can recognize each other for hard work and earn points towards rewards. The benefits are incredible, and opportunities for advancement are literally everywhere. I really feel like I'm working towards a career and not just wasting my time for minimum wage.

At my location, men have more of an opportunity to move beyond shift supervisor, into proper management positions. They are also offered more chances to accrue overtime than the females. Each CVS varies depending on manager. My manager also seems to be lax on disciplining women, even when they deserve it.

Work in HR or Recruiting for CVS Health?