U.S. Customs and Border Protection

2.3
2.2
2.2
1.6

Comments

Adequate pay, but low for the region. You know this will be an issue all Federal Government. DHS/US Customs managers know this as well, but should compensate through other means such as more telework and flexible scheduling. Very much a "butts in the seats" mentality prevails: IE managers would rather a sub standard employee be sitting in the seat over a very capable employee teleworking. -

About CBP
With more than 60,000 employees, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, CBP, is one of the world's largest law enforcement organizations and is charged with keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. while facilitating lawful international travel and trade.

As the United States’ first unified border entity, CBP takes a comprehensive approach to border management and control, combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.

The men and women of CBP are responsible for enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws and regulations. On a typical day, CBP welcomes nearly one million visitors, screens more than 67,000 cargo containers, arrests more than 1,100 individuals, and seizes nearly 6 tons of illicit drugs. Annually, CBP facilitates an average of more than $3 trillion in legitimate trade while enforcing U.S. trade laws.

MISSION STATEMENT
Why CBP exists...
To safeguard America's borders thereby protecting the public from dangerous people and materials while enhancing the Nation's global economic competitiveness by enabling legitimate trade and travel.

VISION STATEMENT
What the Agency aspires to become...
To serve as the premier law enforcement agency enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity through collaboration, innovation, and integration.

ETHOS
Our shared identity, beliefs and aspirations...
We are the guardians of our Nation's borders.
We are America's frontline.
We safeguard the American homeland
at and beyond our borders.
We protect the American people against
terrorists and the instruments of terror.
We steadfastly enforce the laws of the United States
while fostering our Nation's economic security through
lawful international trade and travel.
We serve the American people with vigilance,
integrity, and professionalism.

CORE VALUES
Vigilance is how we ensure the safety of all Americans. We are continuously watchful and alert to deter, detect and prevent threats to our nation. We demonstrate courage and valor in the protection of our nation.

Service to Country is embodied in the work we do. We are dedicated to defending and upholding the Constitution of the United States. The American people have entrusted us to protect the homeland and defend liberty.

Integrity is our cornerstone. We are guided by the highest ethical and moral principles. Our actions bring honor to ourselves and our agency.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Is Hiring