Contactually

3.0 Family Growth Support
2.4 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.4 Female Representation in Top Leadership
N/A Company Responsiveness

Comments

I don't think anyone is purposefully trying to keep women down, or keep them from being promoted. I do notice that women in leadership roles have been pushed out much more often than men. There are men in the office who seem completely unaware to the different experiences of women, and to those guys I try to educate them on the differences.

What I think we're lacking is mentorship/coaching (from the outside) for how to be a good leader/manager, for both men and women. If we seek people with existing leadership skills, those people are disproportionately men. The only way we are going to get ahead and get more women in leadership roles is if we make a conscious effort to shape good leaders from within.

I don't feel discriminated as a woman here at Contactually; however, there are no major initiative to increase the woman to man ratio here at Contactually. Even though I don't feel like an outcast as a woman here at Contactually, I think it's unacceptable to have only 9 women working full-time in the office compared to the 40 other men. There was a graph shown in comparison to Google and I don't think that was sufficient. Google is in a completely different place, stage, and amount of employees than us. We have a huge opportunity to make a name for ourselves in the DC Tech community to raise our standards when it comes to diversity. We should own up to our values of transparency, say this is a future problem for us, and outline the exact steps we will be taking to fix this (just like we have to do for our 30:60:90 goals). Every time we push this under the rug, it can amplify the issue when we get to be 100 people.

The office is overwhelmingly male and while I've never experienced any prejudice directed towards me based on my sex, there are no women in upper management, leaving us very little to look up to in that sense. Currently the office is young and there are no mothers working here, but luckily our schedules allow for flexibility and the possibility of working from home. Though with no women with children employed here, I've yet to see this flexibility in action when it comes to a working mom. There are generous maternity and paternity leave options that are fairly competitive in the field. There are plenty of in-office perks that foster an excellent work environment and great team bonding. We would love some more women in the office at the end of the day - we're in need of that gender balance.

Contactually is an incredible place to work. The value placed on employees, benefits offered, and workplace culture are all top of the line. For some reason, only 20% of employees are female. I don't want to speculate that management favors male applicants, as I truly believe every effort is placed on hiring the BEST candidate, despite gender. And it just so happens that more men have been hired.
Then again, the lack of women around here is really really apparent, and it does raise some eyebrows. I don't feel like I'm treated any different because I'm a woman, but it would be nice if there were more of us.

Relationships power great business. Contactually empowers great relationships

Contactually is a venture-backed SaaS startup, based in the heart of Washington, DC. Our 50 employees and 6 dogs operate in a strongly mission-driven, user-focused culture (we live our values). Our annual revenue is in the millions, and profitability is within our sights. Considered one of the top startups in DC and one of the leaders in a developing field, we have a strong emphasis on company culture (and dogs).

Mission: To help relationship-focused professionals expand opportunities through authentic and timely engagement.

Women at Contactually

This information is provided by Contactually

This information is provided by Contactually

• Unlimited paid time off
  • Unlimited sick leave
  • Frequent remote work available

• Tuition reimbursement
  • Contactually gives each employee $1,000 a year for professional development.
  • For referral hires, Contactually gives employees $1,000 for themselves and also makes a $1,000 donation to a charity of his/her choice.

• Women's affiliate group

• Game room
  • Pet-friendly office
  • Company retreats
  • Subsidized food

Contactually has no jobs listed at this time.