Comcast

2.8
2.8
2.7
2.6

Comments

The negatives of Comcast as a whole outweigh the positives. If you look closely, you will discover an undercurrent of elitism, inequality, sexism and racism. What Comcast will not tell you is that a woman's excellent opportunity for advancement at Comcast is offset by low pay for everyone. The company chooses management who are very conservative leaning. They utilize third-party, corporate-affiliated arbitration to handle disputes, thus employee equal representation is compromised. The CEO has vocalized support for the current President of the U.S. They prefer to refer to employees by their employee numbers, rather than their names. Sick pay is limited, and getting sick may result in disciplinary action. Less than whole days off result in loss of previously worked double-time. The people promoted into management, even if female, are white, and of privileged backgrounds. They have a lot of food around. Parties are commonplace. However, the company pays people so badly they cannot afford childcare, housing, or food. People are always stressed about money, and get sick easily. For this reason, I'm thankful that there is such a high level of security in their workplace to protect us from other employees who might lose their cool.

Boss calls me by the wrong name even though it's on my desk. Female leadership above me speaks cattily about other employees. Food at desk is a big no. Embarrassing to have to record bathroom breaks and go over allotted time on days when u need to go frequently for female reasons. Healthy food options on site limited. If you have a peanut allergy forget about food on site. Ordering food in is a real challenge.

Comcast, is a great company to work for. The only issue is hiring high schoolers they aren’t mature enough to work in a multi-billion dollar work place. To much drama!

Continuously cut pay/change commission plans. Was told shortly before leaving in meeting with upper management that everyone in my department was being paid to much. Very stressful job. Many people have taken up drugs and smoking to cope with the high stress.

Sexist, misogynist leadership. Incredibly toxic environment. Corporate office covers up all claims of harassment.

Let's Work Together

At Comcast, your career options are endless. We recognize that our employees are vital to our success and we're constantly on the lookout for dynamic individuals who can bring a unique style to our group. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.

Women at Comcast

This information is provided by Comcast

Board

This information is provided by Comcast

• Tuition reimbursement

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council
  • Additional Employee Resource Groups (Asian Pacific Americans, Black Employee Network, MyAblities, Out, Unidos, Women's Network, Young Professionals Network)
  • Career Week
  • Comcast University

• Adoptive assistance
  • Dedicated lactation facilities (some locations)
  • Fertility assistance and a maternity management program
  • Child and elder care resources
  • 401(k) program with generous company match

• Access to personal health assistants and financial coaches (at no cost to employees)
  • Virtual physician visits
  • Virtual personal training and nutrition
  • On-site fitness classes and/or equipment (some locations)
  • On-site nutrition and/or weight management counseling (some locations)
  • Subsidized gym membership and/or fitness classes (some locations)
  • Standing and/or walking desks (some locations)
  • Centers of Excellence and Second Opinion programs
  • Emotional wellbeing programs

• Free XFINITY TV and Internet services (in serviceable areas)
  • Discounted Voice and Home options
  • Discounted tickets to the Universal Orlando and Hollywood theme parks
  • Discounts and cash back on nearly national and local 800 products and services
  • Giving back to the community: Comcast Cares Day (nationwide service volunteer day); United Way Giving Campaign; Internet Essentials (connecting families with internet)

Comcast has no jobs listed at this time.