CA Technologies

Management Opportunities for Women
Employer Responsiveness
Female Representation in Top Leadership
3.1

Comments

Returned from a Diversity Forum the company hosted at our Corporate office in New York City with the CEO, HR Chief, CMO and GC and other executives. Completely blown away by the level of transparency and attention to the topic. First company I've ever worked for that told the story the way CA is telling the story. The Leadership is not afraid to share the data, which is great as it relates to pay equity, but not so great when it is about representation. Rather than she away from it, and only focus on the good. They focused on both. Also nice to see people at the Executive Level not agree on everything and be able to share their points of view. The thought of attending a Diversity Meeting bored me, but I am glad I went with an open mind. This was by far not only an eye opening session, but the best work session I've ever attended. The commitment from the top at CA is clear. The data was presented in a fun and interesting way. Other companies can learn from CA on how to address this topic without alienating any group or class of people.

This is a great company, as petty as this may sound you are better off working for a man over a woman. The women leaders, specifically in Marketing, will call you on vacation, weekends and even if you are at a funeral. I often find the men leaders in other areas more accommodating then the woman leaders. You learn a lot here and the people you work with in the business are impressive. I think the company does a lot to advance women but would prefer the women in marketing do more than just simply play lip service to the topic. I expect more from the women leaders and find it ironic that they are the most disrespectful to others when it comes to flexibility, perhaps my own bias is playing into this perception. While Marketing is not enjoyable, the rest of the company appears to be.

Overall, I liked working here, however, it was disappointing to find that men in the same role, doing the same exact job as me were making a significantly higher salary.

Great company! Management is pretty open, direct and transparent. Compensation is above market and one of the first companies, if not the first to stop asking candidates for historical salary history. Women are paid equal to men, if not better than men, as long as they have more experience and better performance. The only criticism I have about CA is the inconsistency by office, some are really impressive, some are not. Also, some groups are managed by a command and control executive and others by a more relaxed leader. Overall a great place to work for men and and women.

Surprised by some of the comments here. This company has gone above and beyond to be transparent with data and I have not experienced a situation where men are paid more than women. Would suggest if you have a question about compensation you reach out to anyone in HR. I did, and not only did they share the data with me directly, they took the time to explain it and what it meant for me personally. They did not sugar coat the data at all, and explained that I was above market on my base salary, but below market on my bonus. The next cycle, my bonus was raised to be "in line with the market". The company offers a variety of benefits that benefit working parents. The number of executives that are women is a challenge, as the company only has 1 woman executive. Promotion rates for women are great in my department, but my department is populated with more women than men. I often feel like women that complain about opportunities at CA are poor performers looking for excuses as to why their career is not going anywhere. The company provides many avenues for people to raise issues and the executives in charge of these groups are available and responsive. Speak up if you have an issue.

Bring What You Bring

CA Technologies has a daring vision and a powerful, expanding portfolio that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. This demands exceptional innovation from the best and brightest minds – people who are passionate about making things happen and having a great time along the way.

#LifeAtCA is where you’re encouraged to fearlessly Bring What You Bring. We thrive on maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace, encouraging diversity of thought as a business strength. What you’ll experience at CA Technologies is more than a career journey; it’s the opportunity to be part of an innovative team that eliminates barriers between ideas and outcomes. We boast a quirky culture with unique benefits for career growth, work/life balance, families and pets - just to name a few. We value diversity and strive to bring well-blended thoughts and experiences to the table in everything we do.

CA Technologies has no jobs listed at this time.