CA Technologies

4.1 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
4.0 Ability to Telecommute
3.9 Social Activities and Environment
3.1 Female Representation in Top Leadership

Comments

Great company! Management is pretty open, direct and transparent. Compensation is above market and one of the first companies, if not the first to stop asking candidates for historical salary history. Women are paid equal to men, if not better than men, as long as they have more experience and better performance. The only criticism I have about CA is the inconsistency by office, some are really impressive, some are not. Also, some groups are managed by a command and control executive and others by a more relaxed leader. Overall a great place to work for men and and women.

Surprised by some of the comments here. This company has gone above and beyond to be transparent with data and I have not experienced a situation where men are paid more than women. Would suggest if you have a question about compensation you reach out to anyone in HR. I did, and not only did they share the data with me directly, they took the time to explain it and what it meant for me personally. They did not sugar coat the data at all, and explained that I was above market on my base salary, but below market on my bonus. The next cycle, my bonus was raised to be "in line with the market". The company offers a variety of benefits that benefit working parents. The number of executives that are women is a challenge, as the company only has 1 woman executive. Promotion rates for women are great in my department, but my department is populated with more women than men. I often feel like women that complain about opportunities at CA are poor performers looking for excuses as to why their career is not going anywhere. The company provides many avenues for people to raise issues and the executives in charge of these groups are available and responsive. Speak up if you have an issue.

While CA may be an adequate place for young mothers or families with small children, it is a place that career-minded women should avoid. Compensation for men in similar roles is significantly higher as is the likelihood of promotion, merit increases and decisions on bonus disbursement. Women are rarely considered for promotion to senior levels and often demoted or forced to take pay cuts to allow the company to bring in men from the outside for those roles.

Sadly, this feedback has been repeatedly shared with Senior Management and HR from a wide variety of sources over the past few years, but has yet to be acknowledged or addressed. Top-talent women (including those who are industry-awarded) typically leave CA or face demotions since their fair market value outpaces CA's willingness to pay at or promote into Senior or Executive standards.

I know CA is trying but they are not there yet. Too much in-your-face/cut-throat culture, cutting back on work-from-home program which hurts working moms, there is very little work-life balance with management expecting work on weekends and evenings regularly. Fire-drills constantly in marketing. Women working with or within sales are treated like admins. Most managers are men. I would not have my daughter come to work here.

CA is a company that cares about their customers and people. While I have not taken a maternity leave at CA, the policies are pretty progressive for all types of leaves in additional to parental leaves. I believe they are one of the few companies in Tech that doesn't prorate your bonus or salary when you take a leave, which typically unfairly punishes women that taken maternity leaves at other companies. Lots of employees with long length of service and many new people. Diversity goes beyond gender with the various age groups that work here. This level of diversity makes it a great place to work. Not everyone is 22, but not everyone is 65 either. The age range is vast. Lots of ways for you to get help if you need it and a pretty caring group of individuals on the management team. By far the best place I've worked and hope to retire here.

Bring What You Bring

We eliminate the barriers between ideas and business outcomes.

Every idea needs a champion.

To succeed in this age of digital transformation, you have to dream big. Challenge convention. Push the boundaries of technology. But just having groundbreaking ideas isn’t enough. You need to make them real. At CA, our sole purpose is to remove the obstacles our customers face every day. It’s what we do and what drives us as a company.

CA Technologies has no jobs listed at this time.