Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Product Support Engineer (API) is a critical member of the Technical Assistance Center, partnering with customers to ensure they are using Bandwidth’s products and services to maximum effect in the service of their end-users’ needs. This role is a key differentiator for Bandwidth in the marketplace.
The Product Support Engineer (API) will be a primary source of knowledge for customers during the onboarding process and will act as a consultant, guide, and guru for complex API integration questions. This team member will also assist as a second-level escalation for API integration questions from existing customers. In this role, the team member will incorporate lessons-learned from customer interactions and (in conjunction with organizational leaders) work to improve the internal and customer-facing training and documentation.
What You'll Do:
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support in the use and implementation of Bandwidth’s API’s for
Telephone Number Management, Voice Call Control, SMS / MMS Messaging, and Order Management.
- Provide responsive, interactive chat support on easily handled questions via our chat-based API support
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer
- Provide guidance and technical expertise (and sometimes coaching) to customers throughout their
- Provide guidance, technical expertise, and training to Bandwidth team members for areas such as API
usage/implementation, software development kit (SDK) utilization, and overall software implementation
- Provide prioritized feedback to Product teams about the feature and functionality enhancement needs as well
as feedback on the effectiveness of the API documentation.
- Provide prioritized feedback to Customer Experience team about documentation and support interface
- Share customer and internal pain-points with the Product, Customer Experience, and Technology teams
- Actively drive customer issues and analysis to pinpoint issues including cross-functional utilization of
Technical Support (TAC), Network Operations, Engineering, Customer Account Management, and
What You Need:
- Deep knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services
- Solid understanding of data structures and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience
- Experience in software development and concepts, including debugging (e.g. Python, Java, C#)
- Experience supporting products that rely on APIs and Web Services.
- Previous experience in software Product Management or Technical Support, or Sales Engineer
- Previous experience building out a product or proof of concept with CPaaS APIs
- Experience with Tomcat, JSON, XML, JMS, WS* and SOA/Integration technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols and telecommunication industry standards is helpful
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.
Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice