Get Matched

2.4 Ability to Telecommute
2.4 Family Growth Support
2.4 Social Activities and Environment
2.4 Wellness Initiatives

Comments

Before AT&T took over, our DIRECTV call center was a fun place to work. Great co-workers, flexible scheduling, recognition, good benefits and a feeling of being appreciated. In the 18 months since the merger, the benefits have declined, the staff has been reduced by nearly half, the scheduling is a nightmare, and time off has decreased. The recognition team, which facilitated so many of the little perks that made a tough job bearable, was the first thing to go.

In my 21 years with AT&T, I have grown myself, grown a family and grown a career, all on my terms. I contribute at a level that is valued by my leaders and they have the flexibility to reward me with compensation and a job that fits my current needs. Right now, my family needs me more often and I telecommute with flexible hours. When I need to run off, my coworkers support me and I do the same for them. I have every opportunity afforded to me and I am mentored by strong women leaders.

Something I always heard and witnessed about AT&T is that they'll jump over a dollar to save a dime. They outsource and offshore a lot of work instead of reinvesting in the economy that they do business in. There is a constant fear of lay offs because they are constantly buying new companies and reorganizing. I worked for DIRECTV before AT&T bought them out and as soon as the contract protecting our jobs expired, my entire department was "surplused". They have learning opportunities and an AT&T University created to benefit its employees, and say they try to help develop their employees, but they do not dedicate or prioritize giving employees any time to work on their personal goals and development. They silo their lines of business, and it is not conducive to a productive, integrated workforce. The lack of communication causes issues and a lot of work redundancies. Overall, not a company I respect or want to do business with.

The company is fantastic, but very male-driven in the sales environment. I know stores with only one female retail sales consultant and that's not abnormal to the company. We did have overt sexism and male-favoritism in my store under new management until we reported it to another store and HR. AT&T could do a better job with female inclusion in the sales environment.

There was definitely a lack of respect for the fact that I was a single mother while working at this location. I was not informed of policies that would have helped me in emergency situations with my child, or with sick days. In fact, I feel like myself and two other mothers were driven off purposefully by the male managers. I also had a terrible experience with sexual harassment by one of the managers over several months, but it always happened in private and off camera and after it was reported and I quit, I am not sure the manager was held responsible.

We connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else.

When you join AT&T, you join a network of more than 84,000 women who help shape the way we connect with the world. From marketing to engineering, and everything in between, AT&T’s women have a huge impact on everything we do. More than that, they go above and beyond to connect with each other and provide mentorship through our Women of AT&T (WOA) Employee Resource Group. The WOA ERG is over 16,000 strong, with 43 chapters across the country – our largest Employee Resource Group by far.

AT&T has no jobs listed at this time.