Anheuser-Busch InBev

2.7 | Leuven, Belgium | Consumer Goods | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Scores for Anheuser-Busch InBev are based on 927 ratings from 60 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for Anheuser-Busch InBev

As much as they are trying to make an effort to be more inclusive and have meritocracy reflected across many people, unfortunately, it still very much is an old boys club.

I was very disappointed in the leadership and overall culture of this organization. Sexism, harassment, and gender bias were rampant. Leadership was unprofessional and inappropriate.

Toxic environment! I hated there so much that I quit during my probation. Everyone only cares about their own team's KPI. If you ever need anything from a cross-functional team, they'll say no, it'll hurt their KPI. No collaboration, very male oriented. When I quit, my manager said HR told him not to hire a mom. And that I will never go back to workplace.

It felt like it was important to social climb than it was to do a good job.

The company values read one way on paper and manifest day to day in toxic ways. Not a female friendly place.

Women are not represented at the most senior levels of leadership. It is a South American-Belgian boys club, where the most senior executives and their wives all mingle and socialize outside work and then promote each other up the ranks. Most leaders have not always delivered results, instead have given their lives and souls to the “company”.

Claims meritocracy yet oddly promotes few women to senior roles. Yet it is clear women often perform just as well as men. You move positions if people “know” you or like you. This type of purely networking-based culture (many times over beer after hours) becomes uncomfortable and feels unfair for women.

Claims they are results focused culture yet face time is absolutely critical. Very “macho” and old school environment rewarding working hard and not smart. Be ready to be viewed as a slacker if you arrive after 8:30 am and leave before 6:30 pm. Women with families are constantly trying to sneak out of meetings to relieve their nannies as meetings go late into the evening. Meanwhile lots of the senior men have stay at home spouses and do not prioritize their family life. Not a family friendly place.

People email and text 24-7-365 treating everything as urgent. Everyone works over their limited vacation out of guilt. Everyone I’ve seen exercise work life balance has “left” the business. Don’t even think about asking to work remotely.

Parental leave is a joke. Few male leaders take much leave and the women who do take leave work throughout their leave through email/texting their teams.

On a day to day basis everyone is not set up for success with the tools they need to deliver, therefore everyone feels they are being constantly evaluated and eventually at risk of being fired - accordingly, people’s fuses are short, making collaboration often difficult and day to day colleague interactions cold and hostile.

Very little celebration or socializing for a beer company - everyone treats one another secretly as competition. It feels as if it is all about just surviving, not thriving.

Hides behind its culture as an excuse not to get with the times.
Know that they will chew you up and spit you out. You deserve so much better.

The Anheuser-Busch InBev Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for Anheuser-Busch InBev?