American Airlines

2.2
2.0
1.9
1.6

Comments

American Airlines does not take into account lack of pay while on maternity leave nor does it account for fathers whose partner have had a baby. There are no designated lactation rooms or rules for nursing mothers and co-workers look down on those nursing mothers who have returned to work.

Within flight service there is a severe LACK of assistance in getting suggestions and ideas up the chain anywhere past their direct supervisor, and that is IF the employee’s suggestion is taken seriously and acted upon.

We are represented by a union that is does well with contractual language and work rules written in black and white, however does not support membership in ways that are needed- especially with pregnant women, nursing mothers, fighting for longer maternity/paternity leave, and fighting for paid leave.

American Airlines as a company, from a current frontline employee standpoint, does not care about their employee morale, but rather the overall numbers of the operation. They need to understand that those numbers and customer satisfaction will not improve without employee morale improving across the board and in a big way.

American has made huge strides for women in the workplace!

It’s awful

For as many women that work for this company, you'd think they would have better resources and policies for pregnant women and post-maternity.

We lose many of our benefits when choosing to take time with our child as though we are being punished for giving birth. We should be allowed to keep health insurance at company rate and keep our longevity

Work in HR or Recruiting for American Airlines?