American Airlines

2.8 | Fort Worth, TX | Airlines/Aviation | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Scores for American Airlines are based on 1,826 ratings from 124 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for American Airlines

For the most part AA is OK, PTO is bad and also monetary compensation, they’ll argue that they get to pay low because of flight benefits.

I think there are more cons than pros. It’s a love-hate relationship, and I constantly worry that I made the wrong career decision.

Working for AA has been one of the best jobs I've ever had. I love my job but due to a severe work injury I might not be able to return due to the heavy lifting that is required

Great flight benefits, fun atmosphere

Anonymous Rater

Today I was turned down for a part time job with American Airlines because I am currently working on my MBA.

This would have been a 32 hour a week job at $12.50 an hour. This was well below what I deserve and wanted, but my filters must not have been on to screen things like that out on the day I applied at indeed.com.

So I applied online and was emailed a personality test. I was then emailed a list of 5 questions that they wanted me to answer using my computer or phone camera. They then scheduled a phone interview with me for this morning.

She called ten minutes late and asked me why I wanted to work for the company. She then told me about the pay, and while I am not ok with such low pay; I kept an open mind. Perhaps working with American Airlines at low pay would be ok if growth opportunities were presented to me.

She then asked me her third and final question in this 1 minute interview. She asked me if I had any other commitments. I am in a 2 year MBA program designed for middle aged adults who hold full time positions and have family. I take classes once or twice a week, depending upon the term. I live very close to the airport and the school, so juggling the two would have be easy. Apparently, American Airlines does not think so. As soon as I told her I am enrolled in classes, she told me that I am not eligible for hire. She told me to re-apply should the situation ever change.

There are 168 hours in a day and this part time position was for only 32 hours. It is sad to see that American Airlines discourages its employees from pursuing professional and personal growth. $400 a week is not worth the sacrifice of giving up a college program. I wish the employees the best in fighting to overturn such policies that demean rather than award professional and personal growth.

The American Airlines Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for American Airlines?