Amazon.com logo

Amazon.com

3.0 | Seattle, WA | Internet | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for Amazon.com are based on 16,724 ratings from 1,148 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at Amazon.com. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

Amazon is really just a toxic work environment.

Tired of dangled carrots by Area Managers and Operations Managers that apparently... when all hard work is performed and done have no say whether or not you get the advancement they told you.
Was promised numerous opportunities for interviews and advancement. A lot of horror stories.
Women mostly seen in HR roles or Processing Assistant but rarely manager or higher.
They are cutting expenses in very wrong areas and it is getting worse.

Good place to get your foot in the door

Great place with great benefits

Not a great company to work for. When they are done with you they will find a reason to let you go.

Amazon.com logo

Hundreds of millions of customers benefit from our global team of builders.

At Amazon, we don’t wait for the next big idea to present itself. We envision the shape of impossible things and then we boldly make them reality. So far, this mindset has helped us achieve some incredible things. Let’s build new systems, challenge the status quo, and design the world we want to live in. We believe the work you do here will be the best work of your life.

It’s Always Day 1

At Amazon, it’s always “Day 1.” Now, what does this mean and why does it matter? It means that our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon’s very first day – to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and stay focused on delighting our customers. In our 2016 shareholder letter, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos shared his thoughts on how to keep up a Day 1 company mindset. “Staying in Day 1 requires you to experiment patiently, accept failures, plant seeds, protect saplings, and double down when you see customer delight,” he wrote. “A customer-obsessed culture best creates the conditions where all of that can happen.”

Our Leadership Principles

Our Leadership Principles help us keep a Day 1 mentality. They aren’t just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. Amazonians use them, every day, whether they’re discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer’s problem, or interviewing candidates. To read through our Leadership Principles from Customer Obsession to Bias for Action, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/principles.

Diversity and Inclusion

At Amazon, we pride ourselves on our peculiar culture. We honor and respect the differences that each Amazonian brings, and we seek to include those perspectives in our solutions for our global customer base. We also seek to build the diverse community of creators and developers who we are proud to call customers.

Our Affinity Groups bring employees together across businesses and geographies. With executive and company sponsorship, these groups play an important role in building internal networks for career development, advising Amazon business units, leading in service projects, participating in policy discussions, and reaching out to communities where Amazonians live and work. Since 2016, enrollment in Amazon’s affinity groups has more than doubled in more than 90 chapters worldwide.

Visit amazon.com/diversity to learn more about our diversity programs and affinity groups.

Information about gender diversity has been provided by Amazon.com

This information is provided by Amazon.com

• Read an Amazon blog post about virtual Amazon jobs in customer service here: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/veterans/community-in-the-cloud.

• Tuition reimbursement
  • The Amazon Career Choice Program pre-pays 95% of Associate tuition and fees for courses in in-demand fields. Learn more here: https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/fsp92a2bhozr3wj.

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council

• Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. This includes our industry unique "Leave Share" option and a flexible return-to-work program known as "Ramp Back." Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child's birth or adoption placement.

• Fertility assistance
  • Adoptive assistance
  • Amazon offers adoption assistance for qualified domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.

• Pet-friendly office
  • Many buildings on our Seattle urban-campus are dog-friendly.

Jobs at Amazon.com

Amazon.com has no jobs listed at this time.

Amazon.com is an internet company headquartered in the Seattle, WA area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. Amazon.com has a 3.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 16,724 ratings from 1,148 current or former employees. 211 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employee ratings and reviews from women for companies like Amazon.com and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.