Amazon.com

3.0 | Seattle, WA | Internet | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Scores for Amazon.com are based on 15,504 ratings from 1,063 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for Amazon.com

Equal pay and opportunity. Minimum company wage is $15 an hour to start with benefits and vacation days. Some room for advancement. BUT be prepared for long hours. Full time shifts are 10.5 hours long, 4 days a week. Great for parents or students who need more days off, but schedule is set. Different shift/day options but they are usually 4 days in a row. For example, I work Sunday through Wednesday. Other shifts are Wednesday through Saturday, Monday through Thursday, and Friday through Monday. AM and PM shifts available. Part time is also available but I'm not sure what those shift options would be. You'll be on your feet all day, I did get use to it after a couple weeks. Medical benefits are great and they work with a ton of other companies that you can get discounts through, including disney tickets but they have so much more. I can't say it is the most satisfying job I have ever done as I'm not doing something I enjoy or saw myself doing, but the pay is good and my coworkers are super nice. My manager is always available when we need him and willing to help in any way possible. I would say there is an equal amount of female management to make management, my manager just happens to be a male. There's mandatory over time around the holidays because it gets super busy, but you'll know ahead of time what your over time day is depending on your shift. Mine was always on Thursday. Opportunity for extra time occasionally. Opportunity for voluntary time off where you can accept time off for the day if they know it isn't going to be busy, and it will not use your vacation time, you just have the day off without pay and it doesn't count against you. Which is great especially if you have a side job. Cafeteria plays movies and has game tables. Food vendors come during lunch hours, or they have their own little "grocery store" with food you can buy for lunch. Refrigerators to store lunch, plenty of microwaves and utensils. After working there a year, they have a school program where they will pay 95% of tuition for certain programs. One I'm interested in is to do ultrasound, but they have others. They really do give you incentive to stay. It isn't the easiest job sometimes, but the benefits and my coworkers definitely give me reasons to stay.

Result driven company, self guided work, autonomy, if upper management says nothing you are doing a good job

Great workplace, great benefits and salary

needs more positivity.

Worst place I ever worked out. They don’t care about the workers. There’s a lot of favoritism in there.

Hundreds of millions of customers benefit from our global team of builders.

At Amazon, we don’t wait for the next big idea to present itself. We envision the shape of impossible things and then we boldly make them reality. So far, this mindset has helped us achieve some incredible things. Let’s build new systems, challenge the status quo, and design the world we want to live in. We believe the work you do here will be the best work of your life.

It’s Always Day 1

At Amazon, it’s always “Day 1.” Now, what does this mean and why does it matter? It means that our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon’s very first day – to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and stay focused on delighting our customers. In our 2016 shareholder letter, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos shared his thoughts on how to keep up a Day 1 company mindset. “Staying in Day 1 requires you to experiment patiently, accept failures, plant seeds, protect saplings, and double down when you see customer delight,” he wrote. “A customer-obsessed culture best creates the conditions where all of that can happen.”

Our Leadership Principles

Our Leadership Principles help us keep a Day 1 mentality. They aren’t just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. Amazonians use them, every day, whether they’re discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer’s problem, or interviewing candidates. To read through our Leadership Principles from Customer Obsession to Bias for Action, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/principles.

Diversity and Inclusion

At Amazon, we pride ourselves on our peculiar culture. We honor and respect the differences that each Amazonian brings, and we seek to include those perspectives in our solutions for our global customer base. We also seek to build the diverse community of creators and developers who we are proud to call customers.

Our Affinity Groups bring employees together across businesses and geographies. With executive and company sponsorship, these groups play an important role in building internal networks for career development, advising Amazon business units, leading in service projects, participating in policy discussions, and reaching out to communities where Amazonians live and work. Since 2016, enrollment in Amazon’s affinity groups has more than doubled in more than 90 chapters worldwide.

Visit amazon.com/diversity to learn more about our diversity programs and affinity groups.

Women at Amazon.com

This information is provided by Amazon.com

This information is provided by Amazon.com

• Read an Amazon blog post about virtual Amazon jobs in customer service here: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/veterans/community-in-the-cloud.

• Tuition reimbursement
  • The Amazon Career Choice Program pre-pays 95% of Associate tuition and fees for courses in in-demand fields. Learn more here: https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/fsp92a2bhozr3wj.

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council

• Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. This includes our industry unique "Leave Share" option and a flexible return-to-work program known as "Ramp Back." Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child's birth or adoption placement.

• Fertility assistance
  • Adoptive assistance
  • Amazon offers adoption assistance for qualified domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.

• Pet-friendly office
  • Many buildings on our Seattle urban-campus are dog-friendly.

Amazon.com has no jobs listed at this time.