AECOM

2.2
Female Representation in Top Leadership
1.9
1.8

Comments

confiding in my female manager that I had recently been sexually assaulted and 3-5 days later I was fired for being “15 minutes late to work”. After being employed for 10+ years.

Great pay poor management. Favoritism.

Over the years more and more benefits, perks and compensation have been taken away in the US while other AECOM countries gain more work life balance.

Overall AECOM is a great company to work for and there are many opportunities for growth throughout the company. The moral of the employees is a work in progress as the recent merge of offices has created divides internally with legacy employees. There are few health options such as healthy snack machines etc. there is constantly events to celebrate things, and as this is important to recognize, it feels as if it's too much all the the time. The employees are constantly asked to contribute their personal resources to potlucks and other office events and this can become extremely costly. The benefits in the company are great and we are given ample opportunities to complete tasks and activities to help us save money on our health benefits and more.

A mentor program is available but there are very limited resources allocated. I've I have been apart of this company going on 2 years and 9/2017 is the first time I have heard of a mentor program offered through the company. It would be nice to see other opportunities open up in upper management for people to apply. We have few women in the role of executives etc, so seeing a change in this type of management would be nice, so long as the individuals do possess the right skills and professional performances to fill these roles. It is not a matter of we just need more women in management. We need women who can be models of good leadership, who are willing to take the same risks other individuals are taking for the executive positions.

progress has been made in recent years, with greater representation of women at the top, but still far to go to remove cultural barriers

Work in HR or Recruiting for AECOM?