AECOM

2.3 Social Activities and Environment
2.3 Salary Satisfaction
1.9 Female Representation in Top Leadership
1.8 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program

Comments

Staff and mid-level management had a representative number of women, however, this was largely because of hold outs from a much smaller, better firm that was aquired. Department, division, and corporate leaders were overwhelmingly white and male. Male highers ups (starting at department heads) were both old fashioned in their views on work from home opportunities and family time off and also not well respected within the industry or good at their jobs (didn't procure an acceptable amount of new business). Most seemed to be the type to get a corporate job and hide their lackluster performance by keeping a low profile and hoping to coast through to retirement.

AECOM treats male employees better than female. They're also awful for us with health problems and disabilities. I was told either go on medical leave or I would be fired for my health.

Aecom gives everyone growth opportunities equally. You can further your education, move into higher positions, flexible with family issues and start and stop times.

I've had a great entry level experience with this company, however, with any global company that specializes in a large range of services, it's hard to create a cohesive environment that meats the needs of all departments. I have also noticed that it takes more time than it should to make any decisions due to the long chain of command. It can be restricting. The people I work with are amazing and there are great opportunities within the company if you dig for them and know the right people.

Sexist management in some departments.

Work in HR or Recruiting for AECOM?