AECOM

2.3
Female Representation in Top Leadership
1.9
1.8

Comments

Over the years more and more benefits, perks and compensation have been taken away in the US while other AECOM countries gain more work life balance.

Overall AECOM is a great company to work for and there are many opportunities for growth throughout the company. The moral of the employees is a work in progress as the recent merge of offices has created divides internally with legacy employees. There are few health options such as healthy snack machines etc. there is constantly events to celebrate things, and as this is important to recognize, it feels as if it's too much all the the time. The employees are constantly asked to contribute their personal resources to potlucks and other office events and this can become extremely costly. The benefits in the company are great and we are given ample opportunities to complete tasks and activities to help us save money on our health benefits and more.

A mentor program is available but there are very limited resources allocated. I've I have been apart of this company going on 2 years and 9/2017 is the first time I have heard of a mentor program offered through the company. It would be nice to see other opportunities open up in upper management for people to apply. We have few women in the role of executives etc, so seeing a change in this type of management would be nice, so long as the individuals do possess the right skills and professional performances to fill these roles. It is not a matter of we just need more women in management. We need women who can be models of good leadership, who are willing to take the same risks other individuals are taking for the executive positions.

progress has been made in recent years, with greater representation of women at the top, but still far to go to remove cultural barriers

Staff and mid-level management had a representative number of women, however, this was largely because of hold outs from a much smaller, better firm that was aquired. Department, division, and corporate leaders were overwhelmingly white and male. Male highers ups (starting at department heads) were both old fashioned in their views on work from home opportunities and family time off and also not well respected within the industry or good at their jobs (didn't procure an acceptable amount of new business). Most seemed to be the type to get a corporate job and hide their lackluster performance by keeping a low profile and hoping to coast through to retirement.

AECOM treats male employees better than female. They're also awful for us with health problems and disabilities. I was told either go on medical leave or I would be fired for my health.

Work in HR or Recruiting for AECOM?