Academy Sports + Outdoors

Scores based on 1,120 ratings from 80 participants

Comments

Overall the company and the initiatives that the teams were focused on were satisfactory. I was a little disappointed in seeing that the old boys club mentality was still very prevalent in the workplace and in sports, especially since women have come so far in the industry. At times male co-workers were favored over women to take on special projects or be a part of incentive programs. On the cusp of me parting ways, I did notice some movement in the direction of promoting women into leadership roles. But still very minimal.

Not recommended for employment. They do not take HR issues seriously. I was involved in a sexual harassment case against a manager. I was employed there for 3+ years and the manager for less than one. The case was dropped and merely swept under a rug. Nothing was ever brought to me about this decision, and continued to have me close by myself with the same manager.

Awful place to work. Male dominance, and management makes decisions off of personal feelings. Treats employees, especially women, unfairly.

Anonymous Rater

I was treated poorly from day one and ultimately forced out.

The location that I work at treats everyone different. They give raises to people who don’t do hardly any work or no work at all. They show favoritism to those who suck up to them. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here! Also, the whole management staff are males; the female was fired because of 2 people didn’t like her. She was the nicest manager I had ever worked with; and she was the one that hired me! Overall poor grade from me.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Academy Sports + Outdoors?