Academy Sports + Outdoors

1.9 Social Activities and Environment
1.8 Family Growth Support
1.6 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.4 Ability to Telecommute

Comments

Most of management is understanding and very professional. I wish they would fire certain people, but they seem to just wait for people to quit on their own. Pay is awful, but that's to be expected of a part time minimum wage gig. It's a good place for those in school, they are very accommodating for school schedules.

I opened this store, still have close friends in management, and can verify the sexual harassment claims started the first week and never let up. Corporate HR would fly out, not even speak to the parties reported, then leave. One senior mgr was on camera, grabbing a female on the rear, didn't get fired for 1 month, but then only because he addressed it in a morning meeting.

Great company to work for if you are attending college or if you are given a set schedule. I was there when they went from family owned to corporately owned there were a lot of negative changes. Most were just trying to protect themselves as a company, which is understandable. This is not a good place to work if you have an unpredictable home life as they work on a points system and if you are tardy or late there are points added up against you when you go to clock in.

The upper management is very indifferent and often goes back on promises made in the hiring process. According to transfers, this may be a company-wide issue.

Boss once told me that my husband needed to give me a fat lip. He ignored a female associate's complaints about sexual harassment instead of reporting the other man like he should have. Not what I would call a female friendly place.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Academy Sports + Outdoors?