Academy Sports + Outdoors

1.8
1.8
1.6
1.6

Comments

I was treated poorly from day one and ultimately forced out.

The location that I work at treats everyone different. They give raises to people who don’t do hardly any work or no work at all. They show favoritism to those who suck up to them. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here! Also, the whole management staff are males; the female was fired because of 2 people didn’t like her. She was the nicest manager I had ever worked with; and she was the one that hired me! Overall poor grade from me.

Company is currently restructuring and updating technology but lacks support for initiatives for improvement in process workflow.. They are about a decade behind the industry regarding technology and it creates an environment of chaos and limited controls for workflow. The upper management/executive management vocalizes open door policies but in practicality it is not actually practiced and can be detrimental to an employee who takes them seriously. Vacation is a very weak offering and in order to use vacation that you were allotted - you must "earn" the vacation hours in increments with no freedom to use the time at will or "borrow" time to be reduced after meeting the required hours worked first. The pay is not terrible but needs to be addressed in order to bring in serious candidates with experience. The company is really great at being an equal opportunity employer but does not always value current employees and talents; often times bringing in new hires over existing, highly qualified, employees.

They officially say everyone is "equal", but women are treated second class. We were consistently treated like we were inadequate and talked down to (even yelled at) while I was working there. To the point that good employees quit because they knew they deserved better. The turn over rate is high due to low compensation rate and understaffing- leaving everyone overworked and under paid. This is a horrible place to work.

For a retail company, fantastic place to work. Almost all of the downsides are due to the type of work.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Academy Sports + Outdoors?