21st Century Fox

3.0 | New York City, NY | Media Production | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Company scores for 21st Century Fox are based on 77 ratings from 5 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at 21st Century Fox. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

The knowledge that salaries are still not transparent but as a top performer my salary is extremely low for the same job as my peers. My director is afraid to engage women as he thinks we are walking HR issues. The industry is male dominated so the culture is very male centric. Women in leadership roles are the type who pull up the ladder behind them. An inquiry into mentorship was responded by a woman director that "you'll never be my peer or my boss".

Very high turnover of young women, and there aren't many opportunities for advancement beyond transferring to a sister station. Schedule is usually dictated. Treatment by management is not always equal or particularly courteous.

FOX 13 News in Tampa, Florida is a 21st Century FOX owned-and-operated local news station. We have the benefits of a multi-national company with a locally-owned feel. The company offers unlimited (there are some restrictions) paid sick leave, which can include maternity, along with some other great health/personal benefits. The news business naturally puts some limitation on things like telecommuting and other flexibility. Those are things we sign up for, but the managers here make every effort to be flexible with things like scheduling vacation and generally understanding life happens outside the walls of work.

Women are under-represented in management, but not as much as other places I've worked. And I feel I have as much likelihood of landing a manager's job as my male counterparts. My pay is more than fair, especially considering the benefits, and raises are given yearly. I get daily, constructive criticism and praise, and quarterly individual and group meetings to officially evaluate progress, too.

I would say my job here is the best I've had, for many reasons.

The 21st Century Fox Page Has Not Been Claimed

Work in HR or Recruiting for 21st Century Fox?

Know someone in HR or Recruiting at 21st Century Fox who we should speak to about claiming their page? Let us know! It's anonymous, of course.

Jobs at 21st Century Fox

21st Century Fox has no jobs listed at this time.

21st Century Fox is a media production company headquartered in the New York City, NY area that employs 5001 to 10000 people. 21st Century Fox has a 3.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 77 ratings from 5 current or former employees. 3 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employee ratings and reviews from women for companies like 21st Century Fox and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.