Vice President, Finance Workfront -- Lehi, Utah
About the company:
Workfront is a global SaaS-based enterprise work management platform that allows workers to collaborate, manage tasks and content in one solution. Workfront enables workflow planning, management, and reporting on work going on in an enterprise. Workfront, based in Lehi, Utah has over $200 million in revenue, close to 1,000 employees around the world and serves over 3,000 customers.
Lead a team of 15 employees in the areas of financial planning & analysis, business intelligence and strategic sourcing. Be an active leader and influencer across the company as part of the Operational Leadership Team. Act as a liaison with all operating Divisions, Corporate areas and Shared Services to ensure activities are aligned and consistent with our strategic plan. Use your talents, team and resources to empower employees with information so they make good business decisions and achieve financial and operational goals. Work closely with the CFO, CEO and VP, Corporate Controller with strategic issues, board of director presentations and investor relations.
What you’ll do:
- Planning and analysis leadership - help determine and drive prioritization of FP&A’s major initiatives, driving them from start to finish
- Go deep - this role is not about going an inch deep and a mile wide; we work on complex problems
- Business partnering - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- P&L planning and budgeting - you will be primary point of contact for all things finance (including forecasting, goal setting, budgeting, modeling support)
- Business intelligence - develop, monitor and communicate key performance indicators (KPI) throughout the organization to promote best practices and efficiency through all aspects of Workfront
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy – we operationalize our insights
- Special projects and deal support - new initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the chance to contribute beyond traditional FP&A.
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Investor Relations - Work closely with the CEO and CFO in response to investor inquiries and presentations
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 15-20 years experience – Wall street, public accounting, financial planning, or operational finance experience at companies with $200m+ in revenues
- Prior Software/SaaS experience required. Public company experience preferred. Adaptive Planning experience a plus.
- Work ethic and humility - building an amazing company is hard. It requires hard work and tenacity to tackle various problems
- Top-notch communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals