Software Engineer I
Location: Lehi, UT
As a Software Engineer I, you will use your coding skills to develop, test and release features assigned to you and your software engineering team. You will be challenged daily to solve problems, expand your knowledge of the Workfront platform and the technologies that can be used to continuously improve it. You will grow as we do and your technical skills and ownership responsibilities will gradually increase as you move toward the next level.
A Typical Day in Your World:
- Meet with your team and tell them the awesome things you did yesterday and what unspeakably incredible things you will complete by this time tomorrow.
- Create new features using our development technologies that will delight and inspire knowledge workers across the world.
- Work with your team to plan your sprint and take on tasks that will help your team succeed.
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Troubleshoot problems and debug the system to expand your knowledge and expertise within our platform.
- Work with our QA and Product teams to show that your solutions work as-intended and you are ready for your next challenge.
- Participate in discussions with your team about what emerging tools, technologies and processes are coming that may impact how we improve our products and our SaaS platform in the future.
- Have a fabulous lunch with people you respect and admire. Enjoy a free soda. Or 10 because, hey, they’re free!
- At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is validating that, in fact, you and your team’s work is indeed awesome and unspeakably incredible, take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even play a game – em, we mean participate in a team building exercise – with your team.
To Land This Job You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent education) or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrate introductory knowledge of Database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, triggers and schema design.
- Show that you can take a basic software engineering problem and present a solution with the ability to adjust the solution based on feedback.
- Ability to describe concepts and solutions using synchronization patterns (e.g. signals, mutexes, critical sections, etc.).
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of design patterns and strategies.
Now, Blow Our Minds:
- Have knowledge and/or experience in real-time or distributed systems, public cloud or PaaS systems like AWS or GCP, relational or NoSQL databases.
- Demonstrate fantastic communication skills such that we are confident that you will not only adapt and work well with a software engineering team, but excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Show that you have a passion and drive to take ownership of problems, deliver quality solutions, stand out from the pack and grow with us.