Simple Contacts logo

4.6 | New York City, NY | Health, Wellness and Fitness | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted 3 days ago on Dec. 11, 2019

Senior Software Engineer - Admin Platform

Full-time in New York City, NY
See at-a-glance how well companies like Simple Contacts support the things that are important to you.
4.7
Employer Responsiveness
4.7
4.3
4.3

Simple Contacts is a health, wellness and fitness company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 11 to 50 employees. Simple Contacts has a 4.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 48 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees. 1 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

We are Simple Health, a quickly growing healthcare technology company delivering convenient, accessible and affordable healthcare. As a Software Engineer on the Patient Experience Admin team, you’ll build products for our network of Physicians, Pharmacy team and Patient Experience team members. You’ll work closely with technology leadership to maintain and create a scalable and reliable patient experience software system.

Our bright and passionate technology team thrives on solving hard problems. We pride ourselves on maintaining an open and collaborative culture that values diverse thought and opinion.

Who are you? You are an experienced engineer passionate about learning and optimization. You value software engineering practices such as iterative development, reusability, scalability, security and stability.

Our tech stack is Javascript with React, Node, and MySql with a bit of Python and Jinja. We love tools like Flow, Apollo/GraphQL, code generation and we’re continuously improving.

You’ll work closely with our patient experience team to deliver internal solutions that enable the company to provide outstanding customer service. Ideally you are located in NYC, but we’re open to remote.

What you bring:

• 3+ years of development experience in a professional environment
  • Experience writing scalable code in frameworks such as Angular or React
  • Experience maintaining internal APIs (we use REST, Apollo/GraphQL) and integrating third party apps
  • A strong sense of quality user design and user experience
  • Strong communication skills and ability to discuss design decisions
  • You seek and prefer simple, clean solutions to complex problems
  • You are a team player, have strong writing skills, and enjoy collaborating with others

Bonus points:

• Experience with Node.js, Python or MySQL
  • Experience with customer service or internal support application systems
  • Experience building internal tooling or improving developer workflow management
  • Familiarity with the whole web stack including web protocols, solutions, optimization techniques
  • Worked with sensitive data, have some familiarity with HIPAA and/or Personal health information (PHI) compliance

Why Simple Health?

• We see things differently. We’re building a diverse culture with people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to the table. We need a diverse team to build products that serve our diverse patients.
  • We're humans first, employees second. Work-life balance matters to us - that’s why we require minimum vacation time, are flexible with when and where you work, offer gym perks, paid parental leave and more.
  • We’re building for longevity. Growth is not confined to job descriptions or teams. We encourage continuous learning, both within your specialty and in other interests.
  • Health matters to us, including yours. We pay 100% of employee healthcare premiums and offer free contact lenses to our employees.