Redjack logo

4.7 | Silver Spring, MD | Computer & Network Security | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted 3 days ago on Oct. 27, 2020

Software Developer

Full-time in Silver Spring, MD
See at-a-glance how well companies like Redjack support the things that are important to you.
4.8

Redjack is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Silver Spring, MD area with 11 to 50 employees. Redjack has a 4.7-star InHerSight Score, based on 63 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees. Employees have left 3 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

We are looking for people who share our core values of heroism, audacity, curiosity, and excellence to join our team. We are a tight-knit group of engineers, analysts, and business professionals who have organically built a company that monitors more than 8% of the Internet’s public IP space and 40 trillion business communications per year. We've had a huge impact on the Fortune-50 and Government sectors over the past year, so we're looking to grow rapidly while maintaining our culture and diversity.

As a cyber resilience company, we solve security, continuity, regulatory, and efficiency problems for our customers. You’ll help protect the jobs and security of millions of people while working on and advancing novel techniques in computer science. You’ll be connected to everything that’s happening; every developer on the team is responsible for our products’ quality, everyone ships production code, and everyone directly supports the mission.

As a software developer at Redjack, you’ll be responsible for providing technical knowledge and development skills to Redjack’s development teams at all project phases, from ideation to implementation and into production. You’ll help our team to deliver innovative, cutting-edge solutions and analytics to address our clients’ business resilience, cybersecurity, and digital transformation needs.

We have multiple positions at all experience levels, so whether you’re still new to the industry or you’ve been around a while, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Your job

Your job will be to design and build high-quality software and analytics to make businesses more resilient.

• Use technology to solve customer business challenges and execute our mission.
  • Apply software development best practices in everything you do, including test-driven development, continuous integration, and DevOps.
  • Work as part of a team, collaborate effectively, and communicate continuously.
  • Learn new technologies, grow your skills, and learn from others on your team.
  • Teach and mentor others so we can make each other better.

What you should have accomplished

We’ll assess your skills and ensure your impact will scale with your ability. What we’re looking for to start:

• You have been building software professionally for at least two years.
  • You have made a significant contribution to a software project that leveraged either:
    • Systems programming languages like C, C++, Golang, or Rust.
    • Applications programming languages like Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, or Java.
  • You followed modern software development practices, such as unit testing, refactoring, and continuous integration.
  • Your software projects involved regular code reviews, collaboration, and engagement with customer stakeholders.
  • You have training as an engineering thinker: a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.

PM20