PubNub powers apps that bring people together in realtime for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub’s Realtime Communication Platform and its APIs as the foundation for online chat, live events, geolocation, remote control, and live updates, at massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral, delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. PubNub has raised over $70M from notable investors like Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
We are looking for a Director of Growth to drive revenue and pipeline through increased online conversions and product usage. This is part product management, part acquisition marketing, and part analytics and is a balance of exploring new growth ideas and exploiting proven concepts with excellent execution. The role will be a key strategic member of the Go-To-Market leadership and report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
You will tackle the challenge of defining and improving the online conversion funnel for our two buyer personas: business buyers with a more traditional marketing and sales cycle and thousands of monthly developers with a PaaS-centric consideration cycle where you’ll work to improve the developer experience from visitor to sign-up by looking to improve user flows, on-page optimizations and enhanced data strategies. You’ll lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design/UX, content and analytics team members to identify, prioritize and develop experiments that deliver breakthrough experiences in the customer journey.
The ideal candidate is creative, resourceful, versatile, and able to balance strategic planning with day-to-day execution. He/she will have a proven ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment in close alignment with Product, Engineering, and Marketing. Must be results-oriented and approach growth with a data-driven and systems-level mindset. Having previously worked on a developer-oriented product is a huge plus.
- Own online growth goals to increase engagement and conversion across visits, signups, and MQLs by developing a deep understanding of growth funnels and how to optimize at each stage
- Lead a cross-functional team in identifying, testing and building out initiatives across online, email, and other channels
- Partner with product team in driving the right traffic to trial, activation, engagement and retention
- Develop an experiment roadmap to rapidly develop and test growth strategies; define requirements for engineering team to build
- Own the analytics tech stack that supports experimentation and improving the customer journeys
- Strategically manage cross-functional relationships with leaders in Product, Engineering, and Marketing to advocate for changes that will drive toward growth goals
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of people management experience with success in building/retaining teams and developing talent
- A player/coach manager who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done
- Comfortable in high-growth environments; able to create structure out of chaos
- Analytical and strong communication skills with a proven track record running A/B tests, assessing customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products and features that impact growth
- Solid SQL skills and data model exposure - strong query-writing skills is a big asset!
- Familiarity with Marketo, Optimizely, Autopilot and other marketing tools and CRM platforms