Pirate Ship logo

Pirate Ship

Unrated | Portland, OR | Information Technology and Services | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted 2 months ago on May 6, 2020 This job is no longer available

Customer Support Specialist

Full-time in Portland, OR
See at-a-glance how well companies like Pirate Ship support the things that are important to you.
None

Pirate Ship is an information technology and services company headquartered in the Portland, OR area with 11 to 50 employees.

Sick of Boring Jobs? Jump ship and become a Pirate! ☠️

Pirate Ship is seeking a jolly band of scallywags to join our Customer Support crew. Why be a professional, when you could be a pirate?

We’re looking for flexible, ambitious, passionate and customer-oriented individuals to help assist our incredible customers via live chat and email in a rapidly growing startup environment.

We’re a disruptive software company offering the deepest shipping discounts possible for small businesses. Ecommerce is powering the American dream, and we enable that dream by offering a completely free shipping service, with no hidden costs or monthly fees. Call us pirates, but we think affordable shipping should be accessible to anyone 😉

Our customer experience isn’t like anything you’ve ever experienced before. Our piratey charm is the reason we’re taking the industry by storm 🌪

Traits of a Pirate ⛵️

Pirates are accountable, autonomous and have a great attitude:

• A positive attitude is key to being able to function as a member of this crew.
  • It’s your responsibility to communicate your needs and ask questions.
  • Patience is a virtue! Every customer deserves your time & attention, no matter their skill level.
  • Staying level headed, so you can make decisions that are in the best interest of the customer and the crew.
  • We’re looking for self-driven individuals that take charge of their own experience & career trajectory.

Pirates support their crew:

• You’ll have an incredible crew of pirates by your side to help you succeed, and will work directly with the Chief Customer Officer and senior management daily.
  • This is a casual and collaborative environment. You’ll be a part of making decisions that change how the customer support team runs.
  • Once you’re up to speed, you’ll have the opportunity to write articles, create new content, assist in training and tons of fun special projects.

Pirates believe in equality:

• Everyone can be a pirate, and we’re committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, and common decency. Pirate Ship is happy to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as needed.

Pirates have a bunch of frickin’ fun:

• We have a lot of fun.
  • Pirate jokes are a must.
  • Must have impeccable texting/chatting skills.
  • Compliance with the tone and brand of the company is a must when communicating with customers!

Pirates are always getting better:

• You’ll be learning a massive amount of new information as you become an expert in shipping.
  • You must take feedback well and apply it instantly. We maintain peer-led reviews to review performance, and offer tips & tricks for success.
  • Excel at stress management and multitasking.
  • Ability to grow professionally and learn new skills. You will be challenged to stretch each week with new opportunities to pivot and adapt.
  • You’ll have the opportunity to expand into new roles as the company grows.

What This Isn’t:

• A corporate job with steadfast, boring rules and cubicles!
  • An hourly job. As an exempt employee, you’ll have more responsibility. We also offer great perks to make it worth your while.
  • If you’re looking for a corporate job, this isn’t for you! We’re constantly evolving, growing, expanding and establishing policies and procedures. You’ll need to have a flexible and adaptable attitude to help steer this ship.

Requirements:

• Friendly & patient attitude
  • Fast & accurate typing
  • Tech-savvy
  • Ability to quickly multi-task
  • Detail-oriented
  • Epic texting abilities (iOS or Android)

Bonus skills: