3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on July 20, 2020

Business Development Lead

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Business Development Lead

In this role, you have the opportunity

Philips is looking for a Business Development Lead to coordinate the activities of our Solution Innovation Hub. You will be responsible for working in a dynamic, agile, high impact environment to design and implement solutions that are ultimately responsible for saving lives and improving patient outcomes.  We start with the customer in everything we do. If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build unique, world-class Digital and Data Solution’s for Healthcare with a relentless focus on the customer, You have come to right place!

We are expanding our efforts in PaaS across healthcare continuum impacting Clinical decision support. We have New Business Creation process to grow new technology arenas and business models. Ideal candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means anticipating bottlenecks, making tradeoffs and balancing the needs of various key stakeholders. You will have to have weighted opinions about tradeoffs as well as the analytic background necessary to track adoption and quantifying performance of your program. You will be able to lead a program at scale, and participate/influence other senior leader and help shaping future strategy for Business. Finally, you will work with technology and business teams to define program requirements, understand customer needs, and define success metrics and performance tracking methods. Collaborative relationships maintained with universities, scientific institutions, and academic and government organizations. You will work closely with Business Development team focused to translate winning propositions into GTM strategy.

You are responsible for

• Comfortable engaging with Customer, Markets, Businesses C-level executives and team members.
  • Need to grasp on how Business and Market drive their new opportunities, analysis & monitoring process, and effectively position our groundbreaking solution to demanding customers. Fundamentals of New business creation Bell Mason Stage gate NBX should be familiar concepts.
  • Will engage qualified prospects, develop and maintain pipeline, demo innovation, work with team to close engagement mandates and support demanding customers. Help in coordinating and conducting Value Proposition Creation.
  • Oversee the drafting and execution of SOWs, provide market activation support and service to new and existing ongoing projects.
  • Catalyze follow-up, relentlessly seek to understand how we can enhance our market driven innovation process, work with NBX guidelines to deliver on executed SOWs, and increase our innovation to Market.
  • Maintain contacts and pipeline using Portfolio management tool Planisware produce weekly/monthly/quarterly/Annual report on the funnel and deliver based on annual budget.
  • Manage all aspects of business development by keeping up-to-date records of Activities, Opportunities, Customers. Well versed with Qualifying and quantifying new propositions with Business Case creation and Business Modeling Innovation. Must have prior experience critical thinking skill set to create Business Case and ROI model using appropriate tools.

Your Team

Our team is mandated to launch and accelerate adoption of market driven Digital and Data Solution and services that enhance Philips ambition in shaping future of Healthcare. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are offering innovative business models that leverage advances in connected technologies in consumer health and professional healthcare domain. We do this through an in-depth understanding of the challenges our customers face and where changes in healthcare and technology impact ability to deliver high quality care.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following attitude, skills and experience

• Bachelor Degree with MBA strongly preferred.
  • Minimum of 7+ years combined experience of Business Development, Program Management in large Healthcare organization, Experience working in Venture / Startup environment. Technical expertise preferred.
  • Self-starting hand on individual who is a quick learner interested in mastering Solution Innovation offerings and new business creation.
  • Strategic thinker who is able to balance current challenges and future possibilities and create strategic focus in an actionable manner.
  • Demonstrated ability to lead through change in a fast paced, matrixed organization and team player.
  • Strong consulting skills; including the ability to lead, direct, negotiate and influence without direct authority at all levels

In return, we offer you

Philips Solution Innovation Hub will provide you with stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, giving you the opportunity to expand your professional experience and exploit your talents to the full. Variation, job satisfaction, personal and professional development, plus an excellent remuneration and benefits package – all within a global leading-brand company that is dedicated to improving people’s lives. And most importantly, the ability to shape and grow your career in the directions you want to go.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1