3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on Sept. 11, 2020

IT Support Officer

Full-time in Nashville, TN
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

IT Support Officer

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Work with Philips Field Service Engineers (FSE) to ensure full functionality and management on a collection of critical applications and/or infrastructure components that support our medical customers at local sites. You will support multiple software packages to resolve or escalate questions to appropriate Philips teams in a timely fashion. This role is integral in allowing us to continue generating customer satisfaction within the medical industry, ensuring that questions are resolved with timeliness and exemplary customer experience.

You are responsible for (but not limited to)

• Handling the day-to-day operation of particular IT systems and supporting users in their daily use of IT applications and functions.
  • Analyzing the daily performance of Philips proprietary IT applications and components.
  • Solving problems either by own analyses or by escalation to a 2nd line support function and tracking solutions.
  • Acting as the central point of contact for user complaints and questions as part of a helpdesk (mostly situated in a large site, supporting the local users on various issues).
  • Assisting with PC software installations.
  • Making routine trend analysis and reports.
  • Problem-solving as 1st Tier Support Level.

You are part of

Our Global Business Services (GBS) hub in Nashville, TN – responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers.  Philips GBS Nashville hub has experienced significant growth in the Greater Nashville area since the original announcement of adding 800+ jobs in 2017.  Philips is a global leader in health technology, and we are looking to build the team in Nashville with passionate, inspirational, collaborative, and diverse professionals empowering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2030.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience including certifications in a related field (Business, IT, Engineering) preferred
  • 2+ years of professional working experience in IT, Business, or Engineering preferred
  • Experience providing technical support and customer service in a call center environment preferred
  • Ability to provide world-class customer service in a technical environment and provide an initial response for technical support to internal field service engineers and users of defined applications
  • Ability to work with several groups of users simultaneously
  • Experience with problem-solving, innovation, and analytical skills
  • Proficiency in verbal and written communication and creation of documentation
  • Willingness to learn new techniques and tools through both on and off-site training
  • Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint Project, and Visio knowledge
  • Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & 10)
  • Knowledge in the areas of Internet connectivity, Internet protocols, and other basic networking concepts
  • Proven work experience in providing helpdesk support on general desktop as well as internet-related support issues

In return, we offer you

The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips.  Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Nashville, TN.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran