Head of Sales of Enablement
We welcome you to join Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D) as a Head of Sales of Enablement – home-based or IGT-Devices location.
The Head of Sales of Enablement is responsible for designing and executing a North America sales training and development strategy focused on all non-clinical aspects of sales performance.
In partnership with the sales leadership and the broader training and education department, as the Head of Sales Enablement, you will build a team to design and deliver programs that support general sales skills development, sales process improvement, leadership development, talent engagement/culture, marketing messaging and new product launches.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to be home-based or within commuting distance to a Philips IGT-Devices location (San Diego, CA, Plymouth, MN or Colorado Springs, CO).
You are responsible for
- Attract, retain and develop a world-class sales enablement team
- Lead the team with focused strategy, shared goal setting, effective feedback, and strong coaching
- Responsible for year-over-year capability growth in the team, engagement scores greater than 70%, and career growth of direct reports (as desired)
- Partner with the medical education and Clinical Sales Trainer (CST) teams to amplify the impact of sales training by integrating selling skills, leadership and coaching throughout the clinical training process
- Create, coordinate and execute teammate-driven learning programs that leverage internal capabilities, shared culture and innovative partnerships to build a dynamic learning organization
- Programs included, but are not limited to, Field Sales Trainer (FST) program and simulator training program
- Build, deliver and track talent pipeline programs including sales management and Territory Manager (TM) bench programs, sales/marketing rotational initiatives and Clinical Sales Associate (CSA) development initiatives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to create world-class, leadership development programing for Regional Sales Managers (RSM)
- Integrate all development initiatives into a broader training and development strategy in partnership with clinical training teams and the greater Image Guided Therapy (IGT) team
- Develop and maintain sales enablement budget, track program outcomes, create ROI models, and shift resources toward programs with high return
- Build and lead a high performing team of 3-6 sales enablement specialists and coordinators
- Attract and hire at least 1 specialist in the next 6 months, another in the next 12 months and a third in the next 12-24 months
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current enablement programs including the FST program, master clinics, new product launch programs, and phase 3 new hire training
- Re-design and re-launch the FST program
- Create a system for FST selection, link FST program to HiPo TM program, build a role for RSMs and generate engagement, evaluate and metric FST deployment across the business
- Create and generate support for a CSA career path program using phase 3 and FST programs and elements in a larger development strategy
- Identify leadership and coaching models for RSMs to support sales objectives, build or partner to create materials, and gain commitment and support of the Zone Vice Presidents (ZVPs)
- Partner with ZVPs to identify roles and responsibilities (what will training, enablement, and ZVPs be responsible for) and then support ZVPs with materials, coaching and evaluation
- Partner with IGT and ultrasound leaders to create and execute a strategy to increase IGT solutions and process proficiency at the TM and RSM levels
- Partner with marketing to embed enablement and training in both upstream and downstream marketing processes
- Create strategic and tactical training plans to support the successful launch of products and messaging
- Evaluate all IT systems and leverage emerging tools (podcasts, video coaching, microlearning, etc.) to drive retention and application of learning
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS/BA undergraduate degree. Master’s or MBA preferred (or equivalent industry experience), preferably in organizational psychology, biology, health sciences, or related field
- Six plus years of sales/clinical or marketing/training experience in the medical device field
- Well-developed executive presence and ability to form productive partnerships with commercial leaders
- Strong experience coaching, mentoring and developing others
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to attract, retain and develop an effective training team
- Robust understanding of adult learning principles including needs analysis, program design, learning theory, and program impact assessment
- Expert facilitation skills and the ability to teach those skills to others
- Experience developing learning strategy, aligning stakeholders, designing and implementing training programs/initiatives and managing change
- Ability to evaluate learning material, understand and manage training metrics, interface with multiple external vendors and gauge business impact
- Strong MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel, Word, Email and Internet) and proficient understanding of Learning Management System (LMS) software
- Proven ability to quickly build report, trust, and impactful client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills
- Proven track record creating and managing training budgets including business justification, impact analyses and ROI
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)