Director, Consumer Experience and Care
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Establish the operating agenda and key priorities for the contact centers supporting consumers over phone, chat, social, and select retail sites for Ratings & Reviews and Questions & Answers (R&R and Q&A). This position is also responsible for managing digital activities to improve the consumer post-sales journey.
You are responsible for
- Improving the consumer experience for Philips PHNA product/solution owners
- Establishing objectives, priorities, and overall management activities for the contact centers that handle consumer interactions
- Managing / coordinating efforts of broad team to drive the consumer experience
- Establishing “consumer obsession” priorities and acting on them with urgency
- Driving consumer engagement (acquisition, retention, and driving long-term loyalty)
- Root cause analysis critical for success in understanding and driving key changes to impact consumer experience outcomes
- Process improvement competency is necessary as many processes are part of what impacts the consumer experience
- Operational competence is important as many contact center activities drive the ongoing operation
- Leading a team is critical for this role as the joined efforts must be coordinated across the team and in conjunction with key stakeholders in other areas of Philips (Central teams, Business Groups (BGs), Categories, Quality, Creative Services, Marketing, CRM, Healthcare sector, etc.)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Service Levels
- Emotion & Consumer Effort
- New Consumer Acquisition – CRM database
- Consumer Engagement Rate – CRM database
- Cost of Non-Quality (CONQ) & Cash Out
- People/vendor management - must foster cross functional/third party team collaboration toward common goals
- Managing local priorities to enhance the PHNA consumer experience while balancing the needs of the Global Consumer Care organization
- Balancing the desires of global CRM or Business Group requirements with what is best for our consumers
- Understanding how to leverage the power of other businesses (PH business outside NA, Home Monitoring, or Health Systems) in discussions/negotiations with our Contact Center partner
You are a part of
The team that establishes the strategic priorities for the function over the coming 3-5 years and is responsible for setting the Management Agenda annually. This position oversees a team of 8-10 people within the function and has responsibility for establishing individual priorities annually. The role must work in a matrixed capacity balancing local PHNA needs with the priorities of the Global Consumer Care function, the Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) function, and the support priorities of the various Business Groups. In this role, there is direct management of the supplier for contact center services. This includes setting priorities, continuously defining issue areas, vocalizing key issues at Quarterly Business Reviews QBRs and seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
In addition to contact centers, this role has responsibility for overall management of our parts and warranty fulfillment provider, any third party support for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), third party support for free-text analytics (deriving consumer insight), check fulfillment for consumers on money-back guarantees and claims, and plays point to support our rebate fulfillment provider (in conjunction with Marketing). This role is also responsible for managing the complaint escalations from the contact center and working closely with Q&R to ensure our processes are compliant with associated rules/regulations [esp. around the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Health Canada requirements]. CRM plays a key role in driving long-term engagement with our consumers. This role must oversee CRM and focus on acquisition, retention, and establishing long-term consumer loyalty.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors degree required. Masters Degree preferred
- 8 plus years or more experience in Consumer Goods
- 2+ years of service experience (operations, contact centers, care)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in Marketing a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in Quality a plus
- Vendor management experience
- Ability to manage priorities from different key stakeholders [Global Consumer Care, Global CRM, BGs, Global Service Delivery, Quality & Regulatory (Q&R), etc.]
- RFP (request for proposals) experience highly desired
- Process mapping experience required
- Experience in managing audits required
- Strategic planning a plus / Set vision
- Ability to translate strategy into action required
- Consumer product experience required
- Ability to pilot “new ventures”, evaluate outcomes, and determine a course of action required
- Root cause analysis skills a must
- Cost management experience required
- Working knowledge of finance desired
- People management required (especially a team of people; proven success critical)
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)