Imaging Field Service Engineer 1 (Home-Based: Indianapolis)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As an Imaging Field Service Engineer, you will support Philips Imaging Systems business for the Indianapolis area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements. This position is an entry level position for an employee with limited experience. The focus is learning how to provide an outstanding customer experience, become a viable team member and quickly get up to speed with technical expertise. The Field Service Engineer will learn to work independently as well as in a team environment while under direct supervision.
You are responsible for
- Assist in service repair, preventative maintenance, field change orders / installations.
- Identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate Service and Sales Personnel
- Operate under required knowledge of regulatory requirement (Federal and State Radiation performance standards, registration, Quality Systems Regulations, EPA regulations and OSHA regulations
- Defines problems: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Must be willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate.
You are a part of
Our Global Sales and Service organization where you will be challenge to deliver best in class service and uphold our reputation by offering top customer experience ratings. You will benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
- 3+ years of experience servicing electronic equipment required; field service in a hospital setting and/or healthcare environment is strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working with imaging systems
- Demonstrated repair and troubleshooting skills with imaging equipment is a plus. Additional training provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively, share knowledge and cooperate in a team environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives. Able to perform in a leadership role in some circumstances. Proactively complete assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- May be required to be available 24 x 7 via phone, required to rotate in an on-call status.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Travel up to 50% to the customer site, zone office or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs outside the Zone.
- Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
* US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
* Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position.
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to sharpen your skills with new challenges, in a dynamic and innovative organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers and apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere where you can develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa for this opportunity.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran. As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)