In this role, you have the opportunity to
Identify improvement opportunities to drive overall performance for your modality (customer performance and inventory) and structure the improvement to make it actionable. You will fully understand the mid- to long-term impact of decisions on material availability and inventory.
You are responsible for
- Acting as an operational team lead of the planning team and collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams and disciplines to secure parts availability for the customers.
- Performing demand forecasting, stock target planning and end-to-end allocation for the responsible part portfolio across the network of three central and 120 market locations.
- Using advanced planning tools to periodically validate and update the parts planning, follow-up on planning alerts and master data management.
- Taking deep dives on stock-outs and material availability misses, while creating/executing on corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Collaborating with Buyers, Delivery Owners and Supply Managers to secure supply and avoid or solve critical parts issues.
- Leading/participating actively in the daily meeting rhythm (operational) and providing input to the Planning Manager for daily Leadership Team, monthly Business Market Combination & S&OP meetings.
- Representing SPS Planning in BU projects (New Product Introduction, Engineering changes, Last Time Buy, Phase-outs), to ensure impact on service parts are considered and to execute on plan.
- Providing support on business case preparation, engineering changes and lifecycle events, related to service parts inventories.
- Defining and driving structural and long-term improvements with the planning domain to improve the performance.
You are a part of
Global Planning & Supply (GPS) department, which includes a group of around 40 people around the globe focused on meeting the material availability objectives for our customers, while minimizing the inventory and excess and obsolescence risks to our shareholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), (Master’s Degree preferred) with a focus in Supply Chain Planning and/or Supply Chain Operations
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain Operations or Planning (in a complex/global organization, highly preferred)
- Strong analytic skills; including the ability to work with Tableau and Excel, daily management and capability to clearly outline/understand KPI’s (forecasting experience a major plus)
- Ability to define improvement plans for the mid- to long-term using Lean principals
- Strong communication, with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues at different levels and across different teams
- Experience within Customer Service and Healthcare industry is (preferred)
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to be a partner to stakeholders and others, to reach improved material availability, reduce inventory and minimize excess and obsolescence costs. With your analytics and forecasting experience, you will prepare and host monthly Sales & Operations Planning meetings with the business unit.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)