3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 9, 2020

Software Technical Support Engineer (L2 Client Server)

Full-time (Can work remote)
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Software Technical Support Engineer (L2 Client Server)

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Join the Remote Service Engineering team and be an ambassador of Philips HealthTech. You will ensure that all customers are satisfied, while meeting or exceeding our business targets.

You are responsible for

• Managing customer inquiries and providing service to various customers.
  • Receiving, registering and providing technical service for requests/issues coming in and communicating solutions and/or actions, while acting in accordance with our regulatory guidelines.
  • Providing solutions by using remote diagnostics, troubleshooting techniques, service technical information or knowledge, creating service work orders and keeping the customer informed of the service status.
  • Focusing on remote resolution, providing a clear action plan and diagnosis before dispatch.
  • Handling complaints (safety & non-safety related) and escalations to ensure accurate and timely analysis, registration and action.
  • Providing First Time Right, collaborative remote and field measure to execute service ‘first time right’ and managing incident resolution time.
  • Ensuring dispatching avoidance (avoidance in delivering PM, FCO, Install onsite), Customer Satisfaction and Initial Response Time.

You are a part of

Philips Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics (EDI) Business Group (BG), which provides affordable and integrated informatics solutions for health systems. We believe that by enabling intelligent decision-making and improving clinical pathways, our solutions will lead to better clinical, operational and financial outcomes across the health continuum. You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Service Center.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/preferred Skills:

• Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience providing software support in a healthcare or med device field (required)
  • Experience handling escalations with software related issues
  • Strong knowledge with Windows server, DICOM and HL7
  • Basic understanding of networking (TCP IP/DNS) and SQL server (generating queries)
  • Strong communication both verbal and written
  • Ability to work independently, self-motivated and willingness to work autonomously
  • Advanced troubleshooting experience, ex. parsing complex logs (required)

In return, we offer you

The challenge of solving a variety of customer issues, while digging into the details and finding solutions to complex problems.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.

#LI-PH1 #LI-Remote